3 bedroom pub for sale2013. The Travellers Rest, New Street, Church Gresley, Swadlincote, DE11
- Business for sale
- Prominent location in the heart of a densely populated residential area
- Situated approximately 1 mile south of Swadlincote town centre
- Traditional public house established in 1850
- Scope for food sales
- T/O £286,000 per annum GP 62%
- Spacious 3-bedroom owners' accommodation as well as a self-contained 1-bedroom flat
- An ideal opportunity to acquire a thriving community public house
The Travellers Rest occupies a prominent location in the heart of a densely populated residential area. The detached premises lie on the corner of New Street and York Road approximately 1 mile south of Swadlincote town centre. The town lies approximately 13 miles south of the city of Derby, while Burton-upon-Trent is just 5 miles away. The area is easily accessible with the M42 motorway within 6 miles.
Preferred Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this traditional public house, which was established as long ago as 1850 and which has been in our client's hands since 2005. The business is only now being placed on the market due to our client's wish to retire. The Travellers Rest is very much at the heart of the community and boasts 3 darts teams, 2 football teams, 2 dominoes teams and plays host to a fishing club and a golf club. The business generates a turnover in the region of £286,000 with a gross profit of 62% derived from predominantly wet sales. Our client has been in discussions to build a 40-cover conservatory style dining room and offer meals, which we feel would prove popular and increase turnover tremendously. The premises benefit from spacious 3-bedroom owners' accommodation as well as a self-contained 1-bedroom flat, which is currently let out. We feel this represents an ideal opportunity to acquire a thriving community public house with immense scope for future growth. Early discussions with Preferred Commercial must come highly recommended.
T/O: £286,000 approx.
Mon - Wed: 4.00pm - 11.30pm
Thurs: 12.00pm - 11.30pm
Fri - Sat: 12.00pm - 12.30pm
Sun: 12.00pm - 10.30pm
Prominent detached public house with beer garden to front, situated in the heart of a popular residential area. Briefly comprising:
• Main bar and lounge area with U-shaped bar servery with 14 points of dispense including 3 real ale pumps, carpeted flooring and exposed beams, 2 x feature fireplaces, seating to suit, 2 x large wall mounted TVs, leather sofas, dart board, 3 x electronic gaming machines, cigarette machine and air conditioning.
• Wooden bar servery with 3 chillers, ice machine, electronic cash register, sound and lighting system
• Dining area with tables and chairs for 16-covers
• Ladies & gents WCs
• Kitchen with stainless steel preparation surfaces, stainless steel extraction system, double fryer, 6-burner hob and oven, 4-pot Bain Marie, 6 x microwave ovens, refrigerator, freezer and dishwasher
Owners' accommodation benefiting from central heating and double glazing throughout, briefly comprising:
• Large lounge with Adams style fireplace
• Kitchen with a range of fitted wall and base units
• Large bathroom with bath, shower, WC and wash basin
• 3 x double bedrooms
• Self-contained flat with lounge, kitchen, bathroom and 1 bedroom
• Large beer garden and patio area to front
• Enclosed yard to rear
Original length: 6 years
Remaining: 2 years
Review: every 3 years
Rent: £530 per week
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-17587341.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 2013. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Preferred Commercial, Nationwide. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.