Restaurant for sale2147. Lock House Restaurant, Trent Lane, Great Haywood, ST18
- Business for sale
- Occupies substantial premises located in a picturesque canal-side setting
- Benefits from ample car parking and 2 mooring points on the canal side
- Established in 1988 T/O £160,687 per annum GP 67%
- Boasts owners' accommodation and two letting rooms
Lock House Restaurant occupies substantial premises located in a picturesque canal-side setting in Great Haywood, Staffordshire. The restaurant benefits from ample car parking and 2 mooring points on the canal side. Great Haywood is home to Haywood Junction, where the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal terminates and meets the Trent and Mersey Canal. The premises are based close to the historic Shugborough Hall, where there are a large number of annual events attracting many visitors. The business has good access to the A51, which is less than 1 mile away, and to the town of Stafford, which is approximately 5 miles distant. Junction 13 of the M6 motorway is approximately 8 miles to the southwest.
Preferred Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this popular restaurant, which was established by our clients in 1988 and which is only now presented to the market due to our clients' wish to retire. The substantial premises are set in an idyllic location and benefit from a large canal side seating area with panoramic views across the countryside. The traditional detached property has the benefit of a converted boat-house, which is used as an additional seating area with views across the canal. The business also boasts owners' accommodation and two letting rooms. Our clients have established an excellent reputation, which ensures much repeat trade, and the restaurant is popular with local residents and visitors alike. The business is currently run at a pace to suit, trading seven days per week, and generates a turnover in the region of £160,687 with a gross profit of 67%. We feel there is further potential to increase the turnover by extending the opening hours to offer evening meals and, perhaps, breakfast. There is also scope to rent out the two letting rooms, which would create additional income. This is an ideal opportunity to acquire a popular and already profitable business, which is set in a fantastic location. Early viewing and negotiations with Preferred Commercial must come highly recommended.
T/O: £160,687 approx.
Mon - Sun: 10.30am to 3.30pm
2-storey brick built detached restaurant premises with canal side moorings. Briefly comprising:
• Restaurant with feature exposed beams, wooden tables and chairs for approximately 50 covers, 2 x feature fireplaces with gas fires, bar servery with 2 x points of dispense, wine cooler, electronic cash register and warm serving counter with 7-pot Bain Marie
• WC with disabled access
• Commercial kitchen with 4-burner gas hob and oven, stainless steel work area, stainless steel extraction unit, tiled flooring, 6-burner gas range, grill, double sink unit, microwave oven, refrigerator and freezer
• Staff room with fridge/freezer and tiled flooring
• Cellar area with cooling system
Owners' accommodation comprising:
• Lounge with brick fireplace and gas fire
• Bathroom with tiled floor and walls, shower, wash basin and WC
• Bedroom with fitted wardrobes and views over the canal
• Letting bedroom with separate access
• Converted for use as seating area with log-burning stove
Letting room with separate access. Comprising:
• Double bedroom with exposed beams and skylight
• Single bedroom
• Bathroom with shower, wash basin and WC
• Large car park to front
• Patio seating area to side overlooking canal and suitable for approximately 20 covers
• Large garden area to rear with tables and chairs
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-18181218.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 2147. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Preferred Commercial, Nationwide. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.