Cafe for sale2820. Cafe Caramel. Market Place, Middleton-In-Teesdale, DL12
1 sq. ft. | £299,950
- Business for sale
- Occupies 3-storey premises in the picturesque rural market town of Middleton-In-Teesdale
- The area is popular with holiday makers and tourists alike
- There are excellent local amenities
- Established in 1970 - T/O £75,000 pa GP 72%
- An ideal lifestyle change opportunity
Café Caramel occupies 3-storey premises in the picturesque rural market town of Middleton-In-Teesdale, County Durham. The café is situated on Market Place, the main road running through the town, and is surrounded by many complementary shops and businesses. Although Middleton-In-Teesdale is a small town it has a village feel with quant buildings and a 'village green'. The area is popular with holiday makers and tourists alike and there are at least 5 caravan parks surrounding the town. Visitors flock to the area all year round and there are excellent local amenities including hotels, guest houses and many varied shops. A regular cattle and sheep market is held on the south side of the River Tees, with special sales of Swaydale rams attracting buyers from a wide area. Middleton-In-Teesdale is located in the North Yorkshire Moors, close to the Pennine Way and the famous Highforce Waterfall is just 4 miles away. Barnard Castle is approximately 10 miles away and there are many tourist attractions and amenities in the region. The A1 trunk road near Darlington is approximately 20 miles east while Alston in Cumbria is approximately 21 miles northwest along the B6277.
Preferred Commercial is pleased to offer for sale this popular café and bakery which was established in 1970. Our clients have run the business since 2007 and it is now only on the market due to their wish to relocate closer to family. The business generates a turnover of approximately £75,000 per annum with a gross profit of 72%. The café sells homemade cakes and pies along with a fine selection of freshly prepared breakfasts, hot & cold snacks, lunches and afternoon teas. There are bakery facilities on the premises and a café area with tables and seating for up to 32 indoor and 10 outdoor covers. Café Caramel is popular with the locals as well as tourists and everyone enjoys the warm, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. A website is already in place, which gives information about the café, menu, location and opening hours. There is 3-bedroom owners' accommodation to the upper floors comprising 2 x double bedrooms, 1 x single bedroom, kitchen, lounge/diner and bathroom. The property is tastefully decorated and maintained to a high standard throughout. We feel that turnover could be increased by extending the trading hours and possibly operating as a licensed bistro in the evenings subject to the relevant permissions. There is further scope to expand the range of bakery items produced and maybe bake specialist breads. This is an ideal lifestyle change opportunity, offering a new owner a business with accommodation in the heart of this idyllic market town in an area of outstanding beauty. Early discussions with Preferred Commercial come highly recommended.
T/O: £75,000 per annum
Trades 5 days
10.00am to 4.30pm
Closed Thursday and Sunday
Well-appointed 3-storey café and bakery premises with 32 cover café and 3-bedroom owners' accommodation. Briefly comprising:
• Café area with tables, fixed and loose seating for up to 32 indoor and 10 outdoor covers, beams to ceiling and 12ft glass chilled display displaying bakery items
• Commercial kitchen fitted to suit the trade with griddle, Panini grill, hot plate, toaster, commercial coffee machine and chiller cabinet
• Bakery area with ovens
• Preparation/wash-up area with work surfaces and sink
• Storage area
• Toilets with disabled and baby changing facilities
First And Second Floors
• Fitted kitchen
• 2 x double bedrooms
• Single bedroom
• Yard to rear with outdoor storage
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-20737863.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 2820. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Preferred Commercial, Nationwide. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.