This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
8 bedroom guest house for sale
2383, Bridge Farm Riverside Hotel, Derby Road, Swarkestone, DE73
- Business for sale
- Set in 1/2 acre site and benefits from ample on-site parking .
- Surrounded by stunning views of the countryside.
- T/O: £60,000 GP: 80%.
- Grade II listed hotel.
- 2-bedroom owners' accommodation.
- Further development opportunity
Bridge Farm Riverside Hotel is ideally located within the picturesque village of Swarkestone, Derbyshire. The hotel is situated on the main road, the A514, and is positioned directy opposite a country pub and restaurant. The business is set in 1/2 acre site with approximately 50 metres of riverbank and benefits from ample on-site parking and is surrounded by stunning views of the countryside. There are a variety of amenities in the vicinity, along with regular buses running through the area. Swarkestone is a popular place to visit and the area benefits from many tourist attractions including Donnington Park, Calke Abbey and Melbourne Hall. The business is approximately 5 miles away from Derby and 11 miles from Burton upon Trent and boasts easy access to the local A-road network, the A50 and A38. The M1 motorway is less than 7 miles away.
Preferred Commercial is pleased to offer for sale this popular Grade II listed hotel, which was established by our clients in 1986 and is only now being placed on the market due to our clients' wish to retire. The business generates a turnover in the region of £60,000 per annum with a gross profit of 80%, derived from offering bed and breakfast accommodation. Our clients have gained an excellent reputation and a loyal customer base by providing a welcoming atmosphere, and enjoy much repeat trade from many returning guests. The business currently operates all year round and is well-equipped to suit the trade. There are six letting rooms and a two bedroom bungalow apartment currently in use. A further two double letting rooms and a large bi-level twin room, which form part of the main house, are currently unused. There is a website in place, which provides information about the location, facilities and contact details. We feel that turnover could be increased by introducing lunch and evening meals for guests. Further enquiries and viewing of this spectacular property, through Preferred Commercial, come highly recommended.
Possible Further Development:
Not included in the initial description of the assets is the old car park on the north side of the grounds. Covering an area of approximately 450 square meters, the owners have been in negotiation with SDDC to investigate the possibility of building on the plot. Outline plans for six further executive letting suites with parking have been approved in principal by the planners, the heritage and traffic. Although the approval is for an extension of the existing business it sets a precedent for addition building for any sort of business development on that patch of land. It is unlikely that domestic development would be allowed but with the present governments' changes to planning rules, it may well be worth further investigation.
One possibility would be development of the site as something other than a guest house. The bungalow and the two co-joined executive suites could easily and cheaply be converted into a standalone four bedroom bungalow/apartment with its own small terraced garden, The Grade 2 listed three story house overlooking the river could become five or six luxury apartments and the land on the north side could have garages built for the occupants. There is further scope for garaging with the land currently occupied by the guest rooms at the back of the yard to the rear of the main house. It may also be possible to obtain planning to extend the house "L" shaped parallel to the river bank and build four or maybe six further apartments facing south and overlooking the river. These matters would of course all be subject to detail planning permission and change of use but they represent a real opportunity for a profitable executive development in a wonderful riverside location.
T/O: £60,000 approx.
All year round
Grade II listed hotel, boasting 8-letting rooms, converted stables and owners' accommodation set in 1/2 acre. Briefly comprising:
• Dining room with tiled floor and feature fireplace, tables and chairs for accommodating 14-covers
• Kitchen with tiled floor, fitted units, electric oven, 5-burner gas hob, 2 x griddles, refrigerator and freezer
• Owners' lounge with feature fireplace, facing south and overlooking the river
• Reception and office area.
• Owners' double bedroom 1: facing south and overlooking the river, with feature fire place, en-suite and bath, WC and hand basin
• Owners' double bedroom 2: with feature fire place, en-suite and bath, WC and hand basin
• Rooms 3 & 4: double letting rooms both with en-suite shower and WC.
• 2 x double rooms (not currently used) but can be converted into additional letting rooms
• Shower room, WC and wash hand basin.
2-bedroom bungalow, comprising:
• Lounge with feature brick fireplace
• Fitted kitchen with built-in electric hob and oven, washing machine, dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer and a range of wall and base units.
• Double bedroom and single bedroom with shared walk-in shower room, built-in WC and wash hand basin.
Self-contained converted stables, comprising:
• Room 5: single room, en-suite shower, WC and wash hand basin
• Room 6: smaller double room with en-suite shower, WC and wash hand basin
• Rooms 7 & 8: double rooms with lounge area, en-suite shower, WC and wash hand basin
• Suites 2 & 3: newly built L-shaped from bungalow, each comprising: king size bed, lounge area, spacious shower, wc and wash hand basin.
• Walled garden facing south
• Approximately 1500 sq. metres of riverside land and 50 metres of riverbank.
• Parking facilities in the courtyard at the side of the bungalow and adjacent to Suite 3.
• Patio and walled garden area outside the bungalow and Suites 2 and 3.