Garage for sale2840 John McAleese Bodyshop & Garage Dukes Road, Troon, KA10
- Business for sale
- Troon is a popular coastal town with ferry services to Ireland and the islands, harbour and marina
- The town boasts a wide sandy beach, popular with surfers
- The business boasts an enviable reputation within the local area
- A renowned specialist classic car restoration expert
John McAleese Bodyshop & Garage occupies substantial industrial premises, set in a half acre plot, surrounded by complementary businesses on Dukes Road in Troon, Ayrshire. The business is situated on the outskirts of the town centre, close to the harbour and within walking distance of the railway station. Troon is a popular coastal town with ferry services to Ireland and the islands, harbour and marina, and Royal Troon golf course. The town boasts a wide sandy beach, popular with surfers. The area is easily accessed with the A78 coastal route just 2 miles from the town. Prestwick lies approximately 5 miles to the south, while Kilmarnock is approximately 10 miles to the east. The M77 motorway is approximately 14 miles away.
Preferred Commercial is pleased to offer for sale this popular bodyshop and garage, which was established by our client in 1970 and is only now being placed on the market due to his wish to retire. John McAleese Bodyshop & Garage is a well-regarded specialist classic car restoration company, with clients nationwide and was formerly an approved BMW repair centre. The business is currently run at a pace to suit our client and generates a healthy turnover - full details area available. The business boasts an enviable reputation within the trade with much repeat custom. A new owner could easily increase turnover by expanding bodyshop and garage services or possibly selling cars from the large secure forecourt. There is also scope to introduce a web site with information about the services offered. The business occupies a spacious, purpose-built property with well-equipped workshops and office facilities. We feel this represents an ideal opportunity to acquire a well-known and respected garage and bodyshop with immense scope for expansion and future growth. Early discussions with Preferred Commercial must come highly recommended.
Mon - Fri: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Sat: 9.00am - 1.00pm
Modern well-equipped workshops set on a large secure half acre site. Briefly comprising:
• Workshop area 1 (Paintshop):
303 sq mts
Open plan workshop with space to work on up to 16 vehicles. Roller shutter door and ramp access to front. 2 x Spraybake enclosed spray booths, portable infrared dryer. Industrial gas heater.
• Workshop area 2 (Panel Shop):
232 sq mtrs
Workshop with space for 10 vehicles and 2 post ramp. Includes WC and shower facilities. Roller shutter access to rear of premises. Industrial gas heater.
• Workshop area 3 (Mechanical / Fitting area):
279 sq mtrs
Further workshop space for 13 vehicles and 4 post ramp. Roller shutter access to rear of premises. Industrial gas heater.
• Workshop area 4 (Storage area):
109 sq mtrs
Rear workshop with space for 6 vehicles. Roller shutter access to rear of property.
123 sq mtrs
• Main office with desks, computer and filing cabinets.
• Second office, could be used as sales office or waiting area.
• Small reception area with desk and seating.
• Ladies WC.
• Gents WC.
• Staff room with kitchen facilities.
• Storeroom, suitable for use as further office.
• Large tarmac forecourt to front.
• Unused space to rear, suitable for use as car wash area with space for 3 vehicles.
• Security fencing and lockable gates.
• Dual access to both front, Dukes Road, and rear, Union Street.
• Roller shutter access to all areas would allow subdivision of building if required.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 2840. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Preferred Commercial, Nationwide. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.