1 bedroom commercial property for sale3158 Smart Gardens & Tea Rooms, Scorton Road, Brompton On Swale, DL10
1 sq. ft. | £150,000
- Business for sale
- Use class orders: A3 Restaurants and Cafes
- The beautiful North Yorkshire countryside surrounds the business and the area is very popular
- Occupies a prominent trading position in the delightful village of Brompton-on-Swale
- T/O: £240,000 GP: 45%
- The business boasts an excellent reputation with many repeat customers
- The business benefits from a self-contained 1 bedroom flat, ideal for use as owners' accommodation
Smart Gardens & Tea Rooms occupy a prominent trading position on Scorton Road, in the delightful village of Brompton-on-Swale, North Yorkshire. The garden centre boasts excellent road access, being just off the busy A6136 and less than a mile from the A1(M). Catterick lies less than 2 miles to the south, while the popular market town of Richmond lies less than 4 miles to the west. The beautiful North Yorkshire countryside surrounds the business and the area is very popular with tourists and visitors. Darlington lies 10 miles to the north and Ripon is 22 miles to the south.
Preferred Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this popular garden centre with tea rooms, which was established by our clients in 2008 and which is only now being placed on the market due to our clients' wish to retire. Smart Gardens & Tea Rooms generates a turnover in the region of £240,000 per annum with a gross profit of 45% derived from the sale of a wide range of garden related goods including, plants, pots, compost, gardening tools and accessories, giftware as well as hot and cold meals in the tea rooms. The business boasts an excellent reputation with many repeat customers. A new owner could increase turnover by perhaps, embarking on a modest advertising campaign, and offer late night openings once or twice a week. There is potential to operate an ice cream parlour on the site, for which we believe there is the demand. There is a web site in place which gives information about the products and services offered with some on-line retailing. The business benefits from a self-contained 1 bedroom flat, ideal for use as owners' accommodation. We feel this is an ideal opportunity to acquire an established and profitable garden centre with tea rooms, in such a delightful location and with scope for further growth. Early discussions with Preferred Commercial must come highly recommended.
T/O: £240,000 approx.
Mon - Fri: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Sat: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Sun: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Garden centre and tea rooms business set in approximately one and a half acres of grounds and with one bedroom owners' accommodation. Briefly comprising:
• Main entrance
• Tea rooms across 3 areas offering 46 internal covers and 16 external covers, L-shaped serving counter with electronic cash register, cake display, ice cream freezer and glass fronted chiller
• Disabled WCs and baby changing facilities
• Commercial kitchen with stainless steel appliances including microwave oven, oven and hob, grill, griddle, 2 x fryers and wash up area
• Retail area with displays for seeds, plants, pots, ornaments, books and gifts counter with 2 x electronic cash registers
• Reception area
• 2 x stock rooms
Self-contained flat comprising:
• Covered area with displays of garden pots, furniture, bedding plants, shrubs and perennials
• Decking area
• External plant displays
• Large gravel car park for approximately 45 vehicles
• Garden area to front
Original length: 5 years
Remaining: 1 year
Review: every 5 years
Rent: £1,563.33 per month
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 3158. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Preferred Commercial, Nationwide. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.