Welcome to Empress Heights......
Crest Nicholson is delighted to present Empress Heights, a contemporary collection of 1 & 2 bedroom apartments and duplexes in the city centre of Southampton. The development is situated in an ideal location and is within walking distance of the Ocean Village Marina which hosts a variety of restaurants, wine bars and 2 cinemas. Nearby Oxford Street also offers many popular restaurants, cafes and bars. To be the first to find out the latest information register your interest now or call 02381 247120.
If youíre going to live in the city, make it the centre of the city. At Crest Nicholsonís Empress Heights you can embrace city life in all of its exciting forms, getting the most from a truly central location in Southampton. These enticingly modern 1 and 2
bedroom apartments and duplexes are exactly right for their setting and exactly right for your busy city-based lifestyle.
Nothing is too far away. Walk to the shops, the station, your favourite bar or your place of work or study. Catch the sea air and sea views by the water, cheer on the Saints at St Maryís Football
Stadium, eat out every night in Oxford Street, relax in Hoglands Park, shop for lifeís essentials and luxuries at WestQuay, watch a film or be inspired by art and music. Itís all local and close enough
to be a part of your everyday lifestyle.
* Fully fitted kitchens with co-ordinating post formed worktops, upstands and splashback to hob
* Integrated Bosch, A rated single fan electric oven with 4 ring gas or ceramic hob
* Bosch integrated 3-speed extractor fan
* Integrated fridge/freezer and space for washer/dryer
* Stainless steel sink with Hansgrohe chrome monobloc mixer tap
* Recycling bins fitted to one kitchen cupboard
Bathroom and En Suite
* Fully fitted Roca bathroom suite in white, to bathroom, en suite and cloakrooms
* Roman bath screen and shower encloser (where applicable)
* Chrome Hansgrohe taps and shower fittings
* Choose from a selected range of ceramic wall tiles* including:
o Full height tiling to shower cubicle and bath
o Half height tiling to walls with sanitaryware
o Tiled splashback to sinks
* White towel rail to bathrooms and en suites
Joinery & Doors
* White painted, pencil rounded, gloss finish architraves and skirting boards
* Vicaima Oak internal doors with chrome furnishings
* PVCu windows
* Internal walls painted with Dulux emulsion throughout
* Smooth finish white painted ceilings and coving (where applicable)
* White painted, gloss finish to window boards, door frames, skirtings and architraves
* Low energy downlighters in kitchen
* Energy efficient fittings where applicable (no less than 75%)
* Double electrical sockets throughout. Satin chrome sockets above kitchen units
* TV/FM and Sky+ points^ provided to the living room and bedroom 1
* Telephone points provided to the hall, living room and bedroom 1 shaver socket provided to bathrooms and en suites
* Electric provision of hot water
* Heaters to all rooms with individual thermostat control
* Each apartment will have a mechanical ventilating heat recovery unit, which provides continuous extraction and a stream of slightly warmed fresh air into your home. The unit uses minimal energy and warms the air by way of its heat exchanger. A boost facility is also provided
Security and Peace of Mind
* High standard of wall and roof insulation
* Mains operated interconnected smoke, heat and CO detectors, to each floor with battery back up
* Video entry system at main building entrances
Warranty and After Care
* Complete NHBC 10 year warranty
* Thorough demonstration of your new home before it is handed over to you
* Crest Nicholson 2 year warranty
* Subject to stage of construction
^ Subject to customer subscription to Sky+ product
Southampton is a sparkling modern city, and retains its importance as a port. It has a bustling shopping centre, an exciting range of bars and restaurants, historic buildings, two Universities, a rich cultural life and tranquil parks.
Southamptonís past and present is one of the leading maritime cities of the world. It has a long and proud history as a port and
a centre of shipbuilding, and some very famous vessels set sail
from here, including the Titanic on her maiden voyage and the Queen Mary. It also played an important role in World War II with involvement in Dunkirk and the D-Day Landings.
Oxford Street, just a short stroll from Empress Heights, is Southamptonís gastronomic quarter, located between the city walls and the waterfront. Youíll find every kind of restaurant here, from the inexpensive and casual to those in the special-occasion bracket, with accolades from the Michelin Guide.
Southampton is also a very green city, with many parks in its
centre, providing vital breathing space in urban life. Hoglands Park
is closest to Empress Heights, with cricket pitches and other sports spaces. Itís also something of a centre for the community,
hosting festivals and special events. Queens Park is smaller and
more formal; Mayflower Park has the unusual distinction of being
built on land reclaimed from the sea in the 1930s.
Not surprisingly, sport and fitness in Southampton often has an aquatic theme. Enjoy the Water Activity Centre on the banks of the River Itchen or The Quays Swimming and Diving Centre. Alternatively, on dry land, Fitness First gym is close to Empress Heights, and Southampton Sports Centre is a few miles out from the centre, but worth the trip for activities from skiing to cricket.
This is a city where old and new live happily side by side.
Southamptonís Old Town is the neighbourhood where evidence of its past is most concentrated, with buildings such as the Tudor Merchantsí Hall, Bargate, the city walls and Maritime Museum. You can quite literally absorb the history here, if you visit one of the many cafťs and pubs dotted about the old streets.
In contrast, the nearby marina which overlooks Southampton Water, is a new complex of restaurants, cinema and bars, a good choice for a lively evening out and very close to Empress Heights. Leisureworld, on the western side of the city, is another entertainment hub and has cinemas, clubs, bars and restaurants. And the recently created QE2 Mile brings together all the strands of Southampton life in a pedestrian route that links the parks, businesses, the new cultural quarter, shops, the Old Town and the waterfront.
If you like to shop, Southampton is the perfect place for indulging this interest. Above Bar Street is the main central shopping area, with many well-known brands to capture your attention. Bargate and East Street are also good hunting-grounds for that special purchase, offering large branches of Debenhams and Ikea, as well as smaller outlets. The cityís street markets have their unique charm, and sell everything from fresh fruit and vegetables to fashion bargains.
WestQuay is the biggest and newest place to shop in Southampton. It is rated as one of the top ten shopping centres in the country, and its anchor stores are John Lewis, Marks and Spencer, Apple, and Waterstones, with fashion from Karen Millen, Next, Zara, Coast, Oasis and French Connection. At WestQuay Retail Park there are branches of Halfords, Boots, JJB Sports, Mothercare and Furniture Village. Bedford Place is the home of the independent retailer, and has a concentration of hairdressing, health and beauty salons.
- St Johns Infant School & Nursery School - Primary (0.3 miles)
- Southampton City College - Secondary (0.3 miles)
- St Mary's Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School (0.4 miles)
Southamptonís international links mean travel wherever you want to go is accessible by road, air, rail and sea.
Southampton Central is the main railway station, and itís less than a mile from Empress Heights. From here, take the train to Portsmouth, Winchester, the Midlands and London, as well as to the West: Bournemouth, Poole, Weymouth, Salisbury, Bristol and Cardiff.
The M27 crosses just to the north of the city, linking the towns and cities of the south coast, as well as the M3 for Southampton, London, the M25 and, via the A34 at Winchester, the Midlands and North. Southampton Airport offers around fifty European destinations, and can be easily reached by bus or from Southampton Parkway railway station.
As this is Southampton, travel by water is always an option. Ferry and fast catamaran services operate from Town Quay, going to
the Isle of Wight and Hythe. And if youíre really travelling in style, Southampton is where you can embark on some of the worldís most luxurious liners, including Cunardís Queen Mary 2.
Tel: 02381 247120 Local call rate
Building homes and communities
A Crest Nicholson home is more than just bricks and mortar, it is a new home designed to exceed your expectations.
From contemporary city centre apartments and townhouses to traditional detached homes or sophisticated mixed use developments, Crest Nicholson offers an impressive portfolio of property across the UK. The company is renowned for creating innovative, design led, sustainable communities which continue to set ever higher environmental standards.
Help to Buy : equity loan
Help to Buy is a Government scheme designed to help people buy a brand new home with a 5% deposit.
Through the scheme the Government provide an equity loan of 20% of the purchase price, the loan is interest free for the first 5 years.
- Equity loan 20%
- Mortgage 75%
- Deposit 5%
If you would like to read further details on the scheme visit our Help to Buy page
NewBuy is a government-backed initiative which aims to help home-buyers secure up to a 95% Loan to Value mortgage on new build properties from participating builders in England.
The scheme is operated by the home building industry and mortgage lenders and is designed to protect the lenders against losses in the unfortunate event of repossession.
To be eligible for NewBuy, home-buyers must be UK citizens and those with a right to remain indefinitely in the country.
Properties that qualify for NewBuy are:
- New build
- Priced up to £500,000
- Primary homes
- Full ownership