Merchant Gate apartments are situated in the HEART of Wakefield's impressive civic quarter.
It is a brand new, contemporary, residential development bringing a contemporary and classic range of homes to the city centre and is fast becoming one of the most sought after locations for property in Wakefield.
A development of 66 modern one and two bed apartments, just minutes’ walk from Wakefield Westgate station, which are a cut above the average apartment block, and built within the beautiful surroundings of Burgage Square.
The apartments have beautiful white gloss kitchens, luxurious bathrooms, spacious open plan living areas & floor to ceiling windows.
With heavyweight chrome fixtures and fittings as standard these apartments are finished to the highest of values.
All apartments also come with spacious double bedrooms and the kitchens come complete with reassuringly high quality Zanussi appliances.
***With prices starting from as little as £86,950 and with shared equity schemes available for first time buyers you could own your stylish, brand new home with as little as 5% deposit.***
*Terms and conditions apply
Property owners at Merchant Gate are not looking for a one-size-fits-all home; they enjoy choosing from a range of styles to suit their own individual taste.
Similarly, our home-owners want as much flexibility as possible in buying their home, so there is a number of buying options available to include New Buy and shared equity schemes for first time buyers.
With the convenience of a city centre lifestyle, these city centre apartments offer the kind of space you would only expect to see in the suburbs.
Smart interiors, spacious lay-outs and terrific views of the city skyline combine to create a truly special living environment.
Bathrooms are well equipped with chrome mixer taps, Corian vanity shelves, mirrors, towel rails and beautiful ceramic tiles.
Wakefield is a vibrant city that is home to an enviable number of national and international cultural facilities, including The Hepworth and Yorkshire Sculpture Park.
Central to Wakefield’s city centre regeneration master plan, Merchant Gate is the first scheme to be undertaken as part of a city-wide plan.
Sitting handsomely next to the residential development is an array of offices and retail unit, combining a mix of en-suites, whilst complementing the existing civic quarter.
•Apartment entrance and internal doors are flush finished oak hardwood veneer
• Aluminium framed windows in areas of Parklex cladding
• Hardwood framed windows in area of sinusoidal cladding
• Oak laminate flooring to hall/living/dining area and kitchen
• Carpets to bedrooms
• Walls and ceiling in hall/living/dining/kitchen and bedrooms – white emulsion
• Kitchen by Burger in white gloss with Quartz worktops and up stands with brushed stainless splash back
• Integrated appliances including a single oven, electric hob and integrated cooker hood. Built in fridge and separate or built under integrated 4 star freezer box, integrated dishwasher and condensing washer dryer (sited in cupboard)
• Pelmet Lighting underneath wall units
• Single bowl stainless steel under mounted sink
Bathrooms and Ensuites
• White sanitary ware with single level chrome mono mixer taps
• Steel bath with overbath shower to main bathroom
• Ensuites have a walk in 7’6 x 5’11 Sq.Ft (2.3x1.8 Sq.M) shower
• Corian vanity shelf
• Full height mirror above corian vanity shelf
• Shavers socket
• Chrome plated towel rail
• Ceramic tiling to the bathrooms and en-suites areas
• Steel panel radiators with chrome plated thermostatic valves
• Video entry system
• Smoke detectors
• Security Alarm
• A combination of recessed ceiling spotlights to hall/kitchen and bathrooms, ceiling mounted pendants lighting to living/dining and bedrooms
• Two points located in the lounge/ dining area and one situated in the hall
Digital TV Points
• TV points to the lounge and main bedroom
• Sky HD plus system for future connection
If you require something a little more relaxing, there are riverside walks nearby with lakes and woodlands just a few minutes’ drive from the city centre.
With theatre, art, great dining options and array of cafes and bars to suit all tastes, right on the doorstep.
Just a short walk away is the The Ridings shopping centre, along with a mix of independent retailers and leisure facilities, retail parks and a Sainsbury’s supermarket is within easy reach.
- Wakefield College - Secondary (0.2 miles)
- Wakefield Girls' High School - Primary (0.2 miles)
- Wakefield Girls' High School Junior School - Primary (0.3 miles)
Located adjacent to the mainline railway station, providing only a 15 minute rail journey into Leeds, Merchant Gate really does tick all the boxes.
Wakefield is in a prime location for both business and leisure travel with great transport links via road and rail. A half hourly train service runs direct to London Kings Cross throughout the day from 6.30am until 10pm at night. It is also a 15 minute train ride to Leeds which has connecting trains to many key UK destinations including London, Birmingham and the Midlands, Newcastle upon Tyne, York and Edinburgh, the North West to Liverpool and Manchester, as well as local and regional destinations.
Wakefield has good motor access via the intersection of the M1 which connects to the south of the country, the M62 to the north-west and the A1(M) to the north-east of the district.
Leeds Bradford International Airport is located only 19 miles to the north of the city and provides over 70 direct flights to a range of European hotspots including London, Amsterdam, Dublin and Paris as well as long-haul flights including Barbados.
Distances are straight line measurements
Merchant Gate Marketing Suite
Cliff Parade, Wakefield
West Yorkshire, WF1 2TA
Marketing Suite Opening Times
5 days a week
Thursday - Monday
10am - 5pm
Tel: 01924 856177 Local call rate
Established in 2001, English Cities Fund is a working partnership between three of the country's leading names in regeneration and investment. Our vision is simple - to build sustainable communities that have the social, environmental and economic issues we all care about right at their heart.
At Merchant Gate, we are currently working to achieve this in partnership with Wakefield Metropolitan District Council, Yorkshire Forward and the Government Office for Yorkshire & The Humber.
To provide local people with genuine and long-lasting benefits. To create a well-served mixed community that has a balance of homes, jobs, open space and leisure facilities, making a place where people will enjoy living and working. To show that mixed-use, area-based regeneration schemes like this really do provide viable and worthwhile opportunities for institutional investors.
Help to Buy : equity loan
Help to Buy is a Government scheme designed to help people buy a brand new home with a 5% deposit.
Through the scheme the Government provide an equity loan of 20% of the purchase price, the loan is interest free for the first 5 years.
- Equity loan 20%
- Mortgage 75%
- Deposit 5%
If you would like to read further details on the scheme visit our Help to Buy page