In the heart of a historic city, an exciting new quarter has emerged. Quartermile is a cosmopolitan mix of luxury apartments, vibrant cafes and thriving businesses in a prime city centre location.
Transforming the 19-acre site of the former Royal Infirmary, Quartermile occupies a landmark position within the city’s World Heritage site, bordered by the Meadows. Master-planned by Foster and Partners, Quartermile is breathing new life and energy into this historic city centre site, seamlessly blending traditional Victorian buildings with spectacular new build apartments.
Thoughtfully designed to the highest specification, each apartment at Quartermile offers luxury living at its best. Residents even have access to an onsite concierge service offering a wide range of services – from 24 hour security to key holding services.
Quartermile benefits from all aspects of city centre living with cafés, shops, theatres and restaurants all nearby while residents can still enjoy the greenery of the Meadows. Edinburgh University is on the edge of the development while Princes Street and The Exchange financial district are just a stone’s throw away. Waverley and Haymarket train stations are within walking distance and a bus to Edinburgh Airport runs along Quartermile’s perimeter.
• Quartermile benefits from Edinburgh’s first 24 hour gym – Pure Gym.
• Edinburgh’s museums and theatres are nearby – the newly opened National Museum of Scotland is within walking distance
• Residence Inn by Marriott due to open late 2011
• Supermarket and cafes already established at Quartermile
• There is a City Car Club car on the development which can be hired for periods starting from just half an hour.
NCP Car Park on the development. Resident parking spaces available by separate negotiation.
Schools and education
Edinburgh University is located at the edge of the development.
- George Heriot's Junior School - Primary (0.1 miles)
- George Heriot's School - Primary (0.1 miles)
- St Thomas of Aquin's High School - Secondary (0.2 miles)
Bus Links to Edinburgh Airport
Open 7 days – 10.30am – 5.30pm
Open late on Thursdays until 7.30pm
1 Lauriston Place
Tel: 0131 528 6166 Local call rate
As part of the Gladedale Group, Gladedale Capitals’ primary focus is the luxury Quartermile development in Edinburgh. With ongoing investment of over £450million, Gladedale Capital is producing a mixed use development with a difference. Quartermile offers a blend of traditional and contemporary living, retail and leisure facilities and grade A office space. Quartermile is a challenge which Gladedale Capital has met head on and on which it will continue to deliver over coming years.