Escape from the urban bustle at Parkside Caledonian, a new collection of beautifully specified 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments facing one of London’s most historic parks. Life here is relaxing and peaceful, but it’s less than two miles from one of London’s – and Europe’s – most important travel hubs at King's Cross St Pancras. Its quiet, yet connected: the ideal combination for capital city living.
Today Caledonian Park looks as good as new, thanks to the recent major redevelopment of the area, but it's story goes back to Georgian times. Originally a pleasure garden, in the nineteenth century it became The Metropolitan Cattle Market, when the monumental clock tower was built, along with a pub at each corner. Mainline railway links at King's Cross enabled livestock to be brought here for transfer to Smithfield Market.
In the 1960s Caledonian Market turned to selling bric-a-brac and it has now been comprehensively rejuvenated as a park at the centre of a new, award-winning residential quarter for Islington. Parkside Caledonian’s setting is unexpectedly tranquil for such a central London location.
New Clock Tower Place, a broad tree-lined boulevard, sweeps up towards the crescent-shaped footpaths, with its new and mature trees, encircling the apartment building and the Great Lawn. The clock tower, now listed, presides over it all like a lighthouse.
Many of the apartments at Parkside Caledonian have balconies for enjoying this inspiring scene, some of which offer breathtaking views over London, and residents will be able to use Caledonian Park as a valuable amenity for rest and relaxation.
• Gloss contemporary kitchen with laminate worktop and upstand
• Under unit lighting
• Stainless Steel sink with contemporary mixer tap
• Stainless Steel splashback to hob
• Stainless Steel oven, gas hob and chimney extractor hood.
• Brushed Steel sockets above worktop
• Integrated fridge/ freezer
• Integrated washer/ dryer
• Integrated dishwasher
BATHROOM & EN SUITE:
• Contemporary white sanitaryware with chrome mixer taps
• Thermostatic shower over bath with glass shower screen
• Silver framed shower encloser to en suite
• Chrome heated towel rail
• Shaver socket
• Large format wall tiling with coordinating floor tiling
HEATING & ELECTRICAL:
• White sockets and switches throughout
• Gas central heating with radiators via a combination boiler, supplemented by solar panels
• Pendant lighting to hall and bedrooms
• TV point to living room and all bedrooms
• Telephone point to living room and all bedrooms
• Communal TV aerial with Sky+ facility* to living room and master bedroom
* Subject to individual purchaser connection
• Front door with viewer & deadlocks
• Smooth white painted walls, ceilings and architraves
• Oak veneer flush internal door with chrome ironmongery
• Oak laminate flooring to hall, living room, dining area.
• Wool twist carpet to bedrooms
• Lift to each floor
• Composite timber and aluminium double glazed windows
• Video entry phone system
• Mains operated smoke alarms
• Secure bicycle store
The N7 postcode is sought after and for good reason. It is one of London’s most cosmopolitan and vibrant neighbourhoods for shopping, dining, culture and generally enjoying life. Its heartland is Upper Street, running from Highbury Corner to The Angel.
When you’re going out to eat, Islington caters for every taste: from classic French cuisine, to exotic Turkish bistros, pasta and pizza and casual gastro-pub dining. There are traditional pubs as well as glamorous bars alive with music. Islington has always had an arty, theatrical reputation, thanks to the prestigious Almeida Theatre, Sadlers Wells and the Kings Head pub theatre. Two cinemas, the Everyman and The Vue, add to its entertainment options.
Canonbury is an enclave of Islington, an area of elegant Georgian townhouses and quiet leafy squares, with some excellent pub-restaurants and the Estorick Gallery, which showcases Italian art. There are leafy walks along the New River, one of London’s secret waterways.
The Kings Cross St Pancras area, practically within walking distance of Parkside Caledonian, is in the midst of a massive overhaul. The Eurostar links from St Pancras International have made regeneration the natural progression for this once run-down part of town. Now all is changing, as new shops, arts spaces, cafés and restaurants spring into life. And if you can’t find what you want here, try Paris: you’ll be there in less than three hours!
In an age of identikit high streets, Upper Street stands out, as the home of the one-off and the unexpected. It’s where you’ll find designer fashion, funky furniture, books and gifts. Camden Passage is a warren of antique shops and deservedly famous.
- The Gower School - Primary (0.1 miles)
- Hungerford Primary School (0.2 miles)
- Brecknock Primary School (0.2 miles)
Caledonian Road tube station, located in Zone 2 is within just a couple of minutes’ walk from Parkside Caledonian, on the Piccadilly Line and a direct route to the West End and Heathrow. Change at King's Cross St Pancras for the Northern, Victoria, Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan and Circle Lines and go just about anywhere in London. Caledonian Road & Barnsbury station is also close by and part of the Overground network; ideal for reaching Highbury & Islington or Stratford. It makes shopping in the new Westfield Stratford shopping centre a distinct possibility, as you could be there in about 20 minutes.
One stop from Caledonian Road is St Pancras International, the breathtaking new Eurostar terminal, where mainland Europe is just a comfortable two or three hours away. Whether you’re visiting for business or pleasure, Paris, Brussels and Lille are all on a direct line and there are connections from these stations to destinations all over the continent.
Tel: 020 3324 6205 Local call rate
Site Sales has been operating for over 20 years providing a range of services to RSL’s and developers, delivering successful solutions on schemes ranging from 10 to 500 new homes. Operating in and around London, we view ourselves as an extension of our Client’s Management team rather than a totally separate organisation, advising clients on all aspects of mixed to new tenure speculative housing. We are fully committed to ensuring the very best advice is given in all stages from land appraisal through planning, construction and eventually sales and marketing.
Whatever your involvement is in residential development, we have the experience, knowledge and resource to help ensure that you minimise risk and achieve the maximum return in your investment.
Other developments from Site Sales
- Featherstone Court - Featherstone Road, Southall, UB2 (11.8 miles)