See more estate agents on Rightmove
The vast majority of vendors with a property to sell in the UK use an estate agent to market their
property. Choosing an effective and good quality estate agent who can manage the buying & selling process on your behalf
brings a huge range of benefits. Here are just some of the advantages of instructing an estate agent:
- Your home will be appraised by an estate agent who can advise you about local market conditions and provide an accurate assessment of the correct marketing price.
- Estate agents employ specialist trained staff, and are often open for extended hours throughout the week and at weekends.
- Estate agents can erect a 'For Sale' board to raise awareness of your property.
- Estate agents can present your property to its fullest potential online, using floor plans, brochures, virtual tours and other marketing tools.
- You can access a number of other important services through estate agents such as financial advice, conveyancing and other home moving products and help.
- Only estate agents can advertise your property for sale to local, national and international buyers on Rightmove ensuring your home is seen more by potential buyers.
- Estate agents can advertise your property in other local media where this is appropriate.
- Estate agents have a register of buyers who are looking for property locally.
Rightmove member estate agents
There are over 9,500 estate agents on Rightmove advertising over 650,000 properties for sale.
If you have a property for sale, remember that it's harder for potential buyers to find it if it's not on Rightmove.
FACT: 88% of Rightmove users would recommend one of our member estate agents.
Here are just some of the benefits of instructing a Rightmove member estate agent to sell your property:
- Rightmove member estate agents can advertise your property to the UK's largest home moving audience - millions of local and national home movers visit Rightmove every month.
- Rightmove member estate agents can display unlimited photographs to give buyers the best view of your property.
- Rightmove member estate agents can give you exclusive personalised reports on the interest being shown in your property, ensuring that your estate agent can keep you informed every step of the way.
Find out about lettings agents
Useful websites about estate agents
There are a number of professionally recognised bodies for estate agents in the UK. Here are some which you may find useful if you want to know more about best practice in the estate agency industry:
- The majority of estate agents are members of the The Property Ombudsman (TPO), an independent body set up to protect consumers. As of August 1st 2007, all residential estate agents in England and Wales who are marketing homes which require Home Information Packs are required by law to be registered with TPO for certain aspects of their business.
- The National Association of Estate Agents is a large professional body for estate agents.
- Many estate agents are also members of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.