Belvoir Oldham are one of the leading Lettings Agencies in Oldham. We serve the whole Borough including the areas around Saddleworth.
Prior to placing your property onto lettings market -
If the property is mortgaged begin the process of switching to a Buy to let Mortgage or you must at least gain permission from your exsisting residential mortgage lender to let. Without this permission you could be breaking the terms of the mortgage.
Check if your property has a vaild Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), if your property dont have one you will need to book an energy assessment in order to obtain an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for the property.
While the property is on the market -
Arrange for a gas safety check to be performed and a certificate issued.
Arrange for an electrical safety check to be performed. (Recommended)
Ensure your buildings and contents insurance cover are adequate and that they will remain in force for a let property.
Ensure smoke alarms are fitted, tested and working. On a typical single family let there should be at least 1 smoke alarm downstairs and 1 upstairs. Seek advice if uncertain.
If offering a furnished property then check the furnishings comply with the latest regulations and carry the appropriate labelling. If there is any doubt, non-compliant soft furnishings cannot be left in the property under any circumstances.
Prior to tenant move in-
Draft the tenancy agreement and arrange the signing.
Consider taking out Landlord rent and legal insurance. This will provide financial cover should your tenants default on rent and will cover the costs of regaining possession of the property.
Ensure that the property is checked for any hazards and if found the hazards removed.
Compile an inventory and schedule of condition. This creates a detailed report on the contents of the property (even if unfurnished) and the condition. At the end of the tenancy it will be difficult to claim recompense for tenant damage if you don't have an accurate description of the property at the start of the tenancy.
Create a house pack including appliance instructions and copies of any guarantees and services numbers. For example cookers, central heating etc.
Carry out routine maintenance in preparation for the letting.
On leaving, clean and tidy the property and garden, to a condition to which you would expect to have the property returned to you. If the garden requires any specific attention, leave full and concise guidelines.
Provide sufficient keys for tenants, we recommend 2 full sets.
Have all your personal mail redirected by the post office
Open a separate bank account for rental income and expense due to letting. This will help with completion of your tax return.
After Tenant move in-
If taking a tenant deposit (sometime called bond) it must be registered and transferred to a government authorised tenancy deposit protection scheme.
Ensure responsibility for payment of utilities and council tax is transfered to the tenants.
Schedule and perform periodoic property visits to ensure your property ios being cared for and the tenants have no issues.
If you have any questions that you need a straight answer to contact Vicky Smallwood Branch Manager of Belvoir Letting Agents Oldham. Belvoir is one of the leading Letting agents in Oldham offering advice and guidance to Landlords, buy to let investors and tenants.
Please find below our current lettings fees;
LET ONLY (75% of First Months Rent or minimum £360 Inc VAT)
* Professional appraisal advise to maximise return
* Extensive Marketing Web portals / to let board
* Accompanied Viewings with prospective tenants
* Comprehensive credit reference checks
* Preparing and signing all legal paperwork
Registering the Deposit with the DPS (Deposit Protection Scheme)
* Changing over all relevant utilities into tenant name
* Professional Move In showing tenant around the property (if required)
RENT COLLECTION (£294 SET UP AND 9.6% Inc VAT)
* Setting up the Standing Order with tenants bank account
* Collecting the rent due each and every month
* Transferring Rents in most cases same day
* Managing each and every situation to ensure rent is paid
* Administering claims on endsleigh rent and legal insurance (if applicable)
* Section 21 Notices as and when you need property vacated
FULL MANAGEMENT (£294 SET UP AND 12% Inc VAT)
* Periodic Visits every Four / Six Months with report or when needed
* Feedback from tenants about remedial works
* Arranging all maintenance works keeping you informed
* Check Out when tenant vacates
INVENTORY CHECK IN REPORT (£99 + VAT)
* Full itemised comprehensive report with pictures and condition that has a very high success rate with the DPS (Deposit Protection Scheme)
DEPOSIT PROTECTION SCHEME (Included in Service)
* Alternative Dispute Resolution (£75 Inc VAT)
RESIGNING FEE (£90 Inc VAT)
* payable where The Agent, with your agreement, arranges a renewal of tenancy to an existing tenant for fixed term agreements