paragraphOffice and Area
Serving the local area for over 35 years. Churchill Estates are the market leader within the Buckhurst Hill and Chigwell areas.
Buckhurst Hill is a suburban town in the Epping Forest district of Essex. The railway line was opened in 1856 as part of the Eastern Countries Railway and it is the middle-class development that resulted from this line that gives Buckhurst Hill it's typical Victorian ambience.
The first mention of Buckhurst Hill is in 1135, when reference was made to "La Bocherste" becoming in later years "Bucket Hill", originally meaning hill covered with beech trees. It lay in Epping Forest and consisted of only a few scattered houses along the ancient road from Woodford to Loughton.