Moving home can often be a stressful and emotional time sometimes coinciding with other major events in your life.
Choosing the right estate agent is critical to the successful sale of your property. Working with a professional agent who has an in-depth understanding and appreciation for the local and regional market place will ensure your property is marketed effectively to the right buyers.
Glossy property particulars, floor plans, professional photography, marketing in newspapers, online portals and glossy magazines, accompanied viewings, mailouts, ringouts, iphone apps etc are all to be expected. Should you choose us, we will also provide regular communication, feedback, guidance on presenting your property, selecting the right buyer, and support throughtout the sales transaction to ensure your sale reaches a successful outcome.
Whatever your decision, we wish you every sucess and happiness in your transaction, move and new home!
The Value of your property...
Valuing a property correctly is crucial to the successful sale of your home. Pitch the price too high and your property may compare unfavourably with others at the same price and you risk losing ideal buyers; too low and buyers may question what is wrong with it.
It has been known for some estate agents to over or under-value property so as to impress the vendor and win their business. At this point, the seller is then tied in to a contract. Discontentment and frustrations flare when you are then forced to lower your asking price, because the property fails to sell.
It is fully understandable that you will want to achieve the best price for your property, and a Professional Estate Agent will have considered several important factors when valuing your property, including; -
- The location and character of your home
- Its features and condition
- The current market price for similar properties in the same location
- The demand for similar property in the market
- Projected market trends and conditions
Presenting your property for sale...
First impressions really count, as most buyers form an opinion within the first 15 seconds on entering a property Here are some recommendations to maximise the selling potential of your home:
- Place greater emphasis on any unusual or period features
- Sensitively repair or remove any broken or tired looking furniture, fixtures and fittings
- Clean and tidy every room
- Stage key rooms, use props to show how you could best utilise the area to help buyers visualise themselves living there
- Pets can be a turn off for some buyers, so it is a good idea to remove pet hair, their beds and odours from the house
- Unpleasant or strong smells have a negative effect on people; avoid cooking before viewings and it maybe advisable to smoke outside
- The exterior of your home is the first view buyers have of your property; a freshly cut lawn your, tidy garden, well kept plants and an inviting entrance will definitely impress and set the level for the rest of the property - plus your photos will look great.
- It sounds simple, but decorating your home in neutral colours, provides a blank canvass for buyers
- Loud, vibrant colours may be to your taste but to others can be oppressive. Lighter colours reflect more sunlight making rooms feel airy and spacious.
- Remove excess clutter and unnecessary personal items from the floor, shelves and work surfaces.
- Try to arrange viewings when children are at school; too many people in a house can make it appear small and crowded.
- Using props and furnishings such as candles, flowers and paintings, to stage rooms will help to show them off to their best potential.