Here's our 10-step application process. It might seem a bit daunting but remember, we're here to help good people rent good properties
- You tell Complete's lettings team that you're interested in applying to rent a property.
- They send you an email confirming what to expect and the bank details to which you should pay your administration fee (see below for these fees).
- You receive an application form by email from our referencing company, HomeLet. You fill this in as soon as possible and return it to us.
- You pay the administration charge. Once we have received your fee and application forms, we confirm receipt and inform the landlord of your details.
- We submit your application to Homelet. They contact your employers, current landlord (if any) and carry out credit and bank account check.
- If the landlord accepts your application we discuss with both parties a potential move-in date, and confirm this in principle.
- You bring to our office us the ID documents for each applicant over 18. This should ideally be a passport and originals only (not photocopies).
- We carry out Right-to-Rent checks, as required by law.
- If you pass Homelet's referencing checks we will confirm this to you. (If you have not passed, we will talk to you about the options eg a guarantor or paying your rent in advance).
- We contact you to tell you how to pay your rent and deposit, and book your sign up appointment for your move-in day.
PAYMENTS DUE WHEN YOU APPLY FOR A TENANCY
£300 inc VAT, based on two people sharing but dependent on property size inc VAT. This is to cover the costs of checking your references and also prevents us showing other applicants the property.Please remember that the landlord may be advertising the property elsewhere, and if he/she find their own tenants after you have paid your admin fee, we'll refund it in full.
Sorry, but we're not able to refund your admin fee if:
- you change your mind about renting the property, or
- if you fail the referencing checks, and choose not to take other options (eg paying your rent up-front or asking for a guarantor).
PAYMENTS DUE BEFORE YOU MOVE IN
Please do this via bank transfer. If you don't have online banking you can visit or call your bank and ask them to do this for you.
All payments due must have cleared into our bank account before we can release keys to the property to you.
£100 to cover inventory and tenancy renewals.
Usually one month's rent + £100. If pets or smokers will live there, the landlord can ask for up to two month's rent as a deposit.
£50 single charge
first month's rent
This amount will have been confirmed to you beforehand.
Move-in day has arrived - woohoo! Please come into our lettings centre in Newton Abbot on move-in day, so you can sign your tenancy agreement. Please take as much time as you like to read the tenancy agreement and to satisfy yourself about signing it.
We hope this has covered any question you might have, but please feel free to give your local office a call if you'd like to know any more.