Edwards Grounds - Established 1885
The present Edwards Grounds Partnership was established as a result of a merger between the two highly successful and respected businesses of Alfred Grounds and W. Edwards & Company.
Alfred Grounds founded his estate agency and auctioneering business in 1885, in the then busy sailing port of Runcorn. He rapidly built up a reputation for excellent service and expanded his firm into the nearby towns of Widnes and Fordsham.
In 1925, Billy Edwards, the son-in-law of a prominent architect, was encouraged to set up business as an estate agent in Warrington and W. Edwards and Company was born. His venture flourished and it was Bruce Edwards, Billy's son, who in 1958 brought together the two firms.
Since 1958 the company, known as Edwards Grounds, has progressed from strength to strength and now also has separate specialists departments in Consultant Valuation & Building Surveying, Financial Services and Lettings & Property Management.
Edwards Grounds has six offices in Warrington Town Centre, Westbrook, Woolston, Culcheth, Runcorn and Widnes.
Over the past forty years Edwards Grounds has developed into a highly versatile multi-disciplined company. As well as respected and independent estate agents with a high reputation within the house sales market, Edwards Grounds also provides a well proven professional service as surveyors who represent the country's leading Banks and Building Societies and also provide a very personal service for the individual home buyer wanting a more detailed house buyers report.
Edwards Grounds Financial Services Ltd have no building society ties and will arrange mortgage finance with any of the major Banks and Building Societies, thereby ensuring that the client attains the most competitive mortgage and insurance terms.
Edwards Grounds Lettings LTD provide the housing market with yet another service, by which owners may let their house with the comfort and assurance that their major capital asset, the family home, is being managed in an efficient and effective way by a company who have been serving local property needs for over one hundred years.
The policy of the present Partnership is to continue to provide a truly personal service backed by the latest technology. Our network of offices are fully computerised, thus greatly improving our administration procedures, enabling our staff to devote more time to representing the clients who have instructed us to sell, or survey, or let their homes and to making suitable financial arrangements for them.
Our staff training programme ensures that staff at all levels are kept fully informed of the developments and changes within the property business. Our system and services are constantly being reviewed and our aim is to continue to provide a first class professional service for many years to come.