Land for saleWolborough Hill, Newton Abbot, Devon
- Mixed Use Development Opportunity
A former Boarding School for continuing institutional use, or alternative use for residential and mixed-use redevelopment, set in approximately 2.69 ha (6.65 acres).
For Sale by Informal Tender Friday 6th July 2012.
Available on an unconditional or 'subject to planning' basis
The property has been run as the Bishop Dunstan School until Spring 2012, which is a specialist residential boarding school for children with difficulties. Prior to this and until 2003, it was run as the Wolborough Hill Preparatory School which was a day and boarding school.
It comprises the original substantial three-storey period house, together with a number of late 20th Century substantial classroom blocks, store rooms, sports hall, garaging blocks and tarmac car parking areas.
In addition, there are various tennis courts (redundant), outside swimming pool, play areas and further stores, together with a large area of amenity land.
Approximately 1.1 acres of the site is covered in buildings or tarmac; with a further 2.5 acres of tennis courts, circulation areas, swimming pool, play areas etc. and an additional amenity area of circa 3.05 acres.
- Main house together with significant brownfield area of site totalling circa 1.1 acres.
- Potential for continuing institutional (C2) use or alternative residential re-development.
- Outstanding location within high value area of Newton Abbot.
- Significant Planning potential for residential/mixed-use re-development.
Bishop Dunstan School occupies a commanding position overlooking Newton Abbot, which itself is a popular South Devon town within close proximity of both Exeter and Torbay.
Newton Abbot is experiencing both investment and growth and provides primary and secondary education, together with a wide range of retail and business and sporting facilities.
Communications are good, with Newton Abbot being situated on both the A38 and A380, giving access to Exeter, Plymouth and Torbay. There is also a mainline (London Paddington) railway station at Newton Abbot.
- Penn Inn Roundabout - 1 mile
- Exeter - 17.5 miles
- Torquay - 6.5 miles
(All distances approximate)
Part of the site is within a Conservation Area, albeit none of the buildings are listed.
There is an Information Pack available on request and includes:
- Copy of Title Plan and draft Legal summary
- Service Enquiry responses
- Brief Planning Summary
- Site Plan
- Other relevant information
Property Information and Services
- Mains electricity, gas, water and drainage
- Council Tax Band H (as Boarding School)
Post Code TQ12 1HH
Teignbridge District Council, Forde House, Brunel Road, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 4XX, Telephone: 01626 361101
Devon County Council, County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter, Devon, EX2 4QD, Telephone: 01392 382000
Fixtures and Fittings
All items usually known as "Tenant's Fixtures and Fittings" whether mentioned or not in these particulars, are excluded from the sale.
By appointment with Jackson-Stops & Staff Exeter office - 01392 214222
The Property is available as a whole, on an unconditional or conditional (Subject to Planning) basis.
For Sale by Private Treaty with Vacant Possession upon completion
Details: April 2012
Photos: April 2012
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-34291411.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference JSS_je_47922. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Exeter. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.