This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
2 bedroom flat for sale
The Chapel, Mayfield Grange, Little Trodgers Lane, Mayfield, TN20 6PW
- Unique chapel conversion
- 2466 sq ft of accommodation
- Mezzanine master suite
- Ground floor guest bedroom
- 47ft dining/living area
Mayfield Grange is situated in an idyllic position nestled close to the historic village of Mayfield and approx 7 miles from the town of Royal Tunbridge Wells.
- Shopping facilities: Mayfield High Street which has a good range of local amenities including shops, schools, pubs and churches. Tunbridge Wells and Heathfield.
- Schools: There are a selection of highly regarded schools within the area including state, grammar, private preparatory and public schools including St Leonard's school for girls, Skippers Hill School and Mayfield Primary school. www.eastsussex.gov.uk/educationandlearning/schools
- Mainline rail service: Wadhurst (6.3 miles), Frant (6.5 miles) and Tunbridge Wells (7.5 miles) to Charing Cross/London Bridge. www.setrains.co.uk
- Communications The M25 can be accessed via the A22 or A21 linking to other motorway networks and Gatwick plus Heathrow Airports.
The Chapel formed an integral part of the original Mayfield College, designed by the renowned architect Edward Pugin, a specialist in the design and construction of ornate ecclesiastical buildings.
Today, The Chapel is a magnificent centrepiece to the Mayfield Grange development with the clear retention and restoration of many original features, including the gold patterned ceiling, the glorious stained glass windows and the stone carvings. Complemented by a stylish kitchen with a selection of integrated appliances, beautiful wood flooring and a stunning spiral staircase leading to the mezzanine floor and the master suite, the Chapel is a sophisticated and unique home.
The Chapel faces out onto the restored cricket pitch with countryside views to the south beyond.
- Designer kitchen with contemporary wall and base units
- Wood effect worktops
- Stainless steel Smeg oven, cooker hood, hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer
- Stainless steel AEG microwave
- Wine rack
- Chrome recessed downlighters
- Porcelain tiled flooring
Bathrooms, en suites and cloakrooms
- Wall hung Roca sanitary ware
- 'His and Her's' basins with oak vanity units
- Baths and shower units to master en suite
- Contemporary chrome taps
- Porcelain wall and floor tiles
- Mirrored wall cabinets to en suites
- Brushed chrome shower doors
Heating and electrical
- Gas central heating via radiators with thermostatic valves
- Self contained intruder alarm
- Telephone entry system for main entrance gate and main door
- Stainless steel video entryphone system to front door
- Phone, TV and Satellite connections to living room, master and guest bedrooms
- American white oak doors with painted skirtings and architraves
- Hardwood oak strip flooring to living room, dining area and hallway
- Carpets with underlay to bedrooms and walk in wardrobes
- Distinctive vaulted high ceilings
- Hi-tech mood lighting system
- Extensive landscaped communal grounds
- Allocated parking
- Village cricket green
- Views over countryside and estate
- Private gymnasium in new pavilion serving the cricket pitch
- Access to private woodland
Take the A267 south from Tunbridge Wells towards Eastbourne through Frant and Mark Cross. On leaving Mark Cross take a left hand turn signposted "Lake Street". Take the next right into Little Trodgers Lane and after a short distance you will arrive at the gated entrance into Mayfield Grange on the left hand side.