6 bedroom detached house for saleRayleigh Close, Cambridge
Guide Price £1,950,000
Faith House is a superb 6 bedroom detached family home in this ideal location on the south side of the city centre. The property has been designed and constructed to the highest specification with remarkable attention to detail. The finished property now provides a most luxurious home - just one of three is in this quiet cul-de-sac off Newton Road.
The generous accommodation - in total around 3,680 sq ft - benefits from high ceilings and large casement windows, creating a light and airy feel throughout.
Particular features of note are:
* An impressive reception hall with stunning open oak staircase.
* Beautifully fitted Italian 'Bontempi' contemporary kitchen with stylish curved cabinets, corian work surfaces and full range of high quality Miele appliances. Double doors lead to the sitting room, dining room and reception hall providing a wonderful space for entertaining. Bi-fold doors lead to a private garden terrace and a westerly facing garden.
* Superb dual aspect sitting room with high pitched ceiling, large recessed feature window, wood burning stove and bi-fold doors to the garden terrace.
* Generously sized dining room with double doors to the sitting room and double doors out to the garden.
* A good sized study with an aspect over the front elevation.
* Stunning vaulted east facing master bedroom with walk-through dressing area and luxurious en suite bathroom with walk in shower and twin basin vanity unit.
* Bedroom two has full length built in wardrobe, Juliette balcony and an en suite shower room.
* Four further double bedrooms over the first and second floors with the family bathroom on the first floor and a shower room serving the second floor.
* Double garage with electric up and over solid cedar door.
In further detail:
KITCHEN AND UTILITY ROOM
* Italian contemporary curved designer handless Bontempi kitchens.
* Soft close drawers and cupboard doors.
* Fully integrated Miele appliances:
Two conventional ovens, steam oven and combination oven;
Fully integrated full height fridge and full height freezer;
Five ring gas hob.
* Grohe chrome single lever mixer fountain-spout tap with integrated boiling water tap.
* White Corian curved work surfaces with moulded sinks and curved splashbacks.
* White glass splashback to hob and window sills (kitchen only).
* Serviced space for washing machine and tumble dryer in utility rooms.
BATHROOMS AND EN SUITES
* Polished porcelain tiles to walls and floors.
* Natural Limestone wall tiles and natural basalt stone floor tiles to wet areas of master bedroom en suite in each plot.
* Electric thermostatically controlled under-tile warming mat to all bathroom and en suite floors.
* Contemporary Grohe chrome mixer taps, thermostatic shower mixer, rain shower head and riser with hand shower and cradle.
* Grohe steel wall-mounted push-flush system to WCs.
* Ladder-style chrome town warmers to bathrooms and en suites.
* Contemporary white Villeroy and Boch sanitaryware including wall hung WC, basin with integrated contemporary white vanity unit, baths and glass shower enclosures.
* Large format mirrors with de-misting pads.
* Extractor fans in all bathrooms and en suites.
* Gas fired mains pressure hot and cold water and heating system.
* Underfloor heating to ground floor with zoned thermostatic controls.
* First and second floor radiators with thermostat controls.
* All floors have independent thermostats for zone heating control.
* Water softener for entire house.
* Contemporary cylindrical SCAN wood burners to main living rooms with carbon monoxide alarms.
ELECTRICAL AND CONTROL SYSTEMS
* House hard-wired for Control 4 Smart Electronics System (further details available on request).
* Brushed stainless steel lighting and power electrical accessories throughout.
* Lighting dimmable in the living rooms, dining rooms and dining area of the kitchens.
* LED low-energy recessed brushed stainless tell downlighters throughout.
* Aluminium LED low-energy wall lights to Living Room.
* Over-bed brushed stainless steel reading lights to master bedroom.
* Brushed stainless steel external wall lights, either switched or controlled by an integrated PIR.
* All principal reception rooms and bedrooms are pre-wired for TV screens.
* Smoke/heat detector alarms.
* Chubb security intruder alarms.
* Feature lighting to main garden areas.
* Multiple power points and lighting to garage.
* Bespoke crown cut American white oak timber faced flush internal doors, stained in a dark grey finish and lacquered.
* Contemporary brushed stainless steel ironmongery to internal doors.
* Solid imported Italian large format light grey Porcelain tiles by Caesar to the ground floor.
* Imported Italian Porcelain tile skirting to ground floor.
* Good quality fitted carpets to upper floors with quality underlay.
* White timber plain-profile skirting's to first and second floor.
* White-painted walls and ceilings throughout.
* Bespoke solid oak open tread staircase, stained in a dark grey finish and lacquered.
* Contemporary glass balustrades to stairs.
* White glass fronted sliding wardrobe doors with white trims to bedrooms.
* Chrome hanging rail and shelf to wardrobes.
* Loft access.
* Low maintenance materials used throughout.
* Vertical Cedar boarding to garages with brick plinth and aluminium trim, powdercoated in dusty grey.
* Remote control up and over solid cedar garage doors.
* Velfac double-glazed low maintenance aluminium-clad windows and patio doors with security locking and fresh-air trickle vents.
* Bespoke oak front doors with glass side screen, letterbox, contemporary pull handle and 5 lever locks.
* Sliding folding aluminium doors to ground floor opening out to main patio areas from kitchen and living room areas.
* Contemporary granite patios.
* Turfed lawns to back gardens.
* Full height close-boarded timber fencing with trellis top to garden boundaries.
* 10 year NHBC warranty provider.
Internal images of Newton House show home.
342 sq m/3,681 sq ft plus Double Garage
Ground Floor: Reception Hall, Kitchen/Breakfast Room, Sitting Room, Dining Room, Study, Utility Room, Cloakroom.
First Floor: Master Bedroom with En Suite Bath/Shower Room and Dressing Area, 3 further Bedrooms, 2 Bath/Shower Rooms (1 En Suite).
Second Floor: 2 Bedrooms, Shower Room.
Outside: Landscaped Gardens. Attached Double Garage.
Lying just 1.5 miles south of the city centre, Rayleigh Close is set in one of the best residential areas of Cambridge and within easy walking or cycling distance of some of the most highly regarded schools in the city such as St Faith's, The Leys, The Perse, St Mary's and the Stephen Perse Schools from pre-prep to sixth form. There are also nursery schools in nearby Chaucer Road. The wonderful University Botanic Gardens are just a few hundred yards further into the city and the internationally renowned Addenbrooke's Hospital is about 2 miles away.
London commuters are particularly well served with a mainline railway station about 1.5 miles away (services to King's Cross in about 52 minutes and Liverpool Street in about 68 minutes) and the M11 (Junction 11) is about 2 miles away, providing fast access to Stansted Airport and London.
The properties are situated at the end of Rayleigh Close, a quiet no-through road with individual detached properties, off Newton Road and immediately to the south of St Faith's School.
Cambridge City Centre 1.5 miles, M11 (Junction 11) 2 miles, Mainline Railway Station (Liverpool Street and King's Cross lines) 1.5 miles, Stansted Airport 26 miles (distances are approximate).
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-41140072.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NCA130231. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bidwells, Cambridge New Homes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.