|% Change in month||% Change Past Year||Ave house price|
- Sellers must analyse their local competitive edge in terms of location, accommodation and price
- Buyers could find areas with a lack of choice and high prices, or a glut and bargains, all within a few miles of each other
- Prices will be underpinned by a shortage of new sellers – we expect circa 1.2 million new sellers, down marginally on 2011 and still down by around a third on 2007 pre-credit crunch levels
- Mortgage availability to remain difficult and, with low interest rates continuing to limit repossessions to below 40,000, transaction numbers will stay muted at 2011 levels
- Uncertain outlook for the Eurozone weighs on potential home movers’ decision making — will it be a minor bump or a Lehman Brothers-style derailing?