|% Change in month||% Change Past Year||Ave house price|
1. Demand lessens through combination of end of first-time buyer stamp duty assistance, some upward mortgage rate movements and renewed Eurozone jitters
2. Spring supply numbers stall too, with properties coming to market down 10% on April
3. Will summer sporting and Jubilee distractions continue to dampen activity like rainy May?
- ‘Downtrading’ the main reason to sell in nine regions, London the affluent exception
- Knock-on ‘trader-upper’ volumes dented by end of stamp duty incentives to first-time buyers