2 bedroom villa for sale
Vafes, Crete, Greece
like this property?Call: 0030 2825 032 625
- Fully fitted kitchenâ€"ceramic hob,
- Easy walking distance to Tavernas, cafes and shops,
- Telephone Land Line and Internet,
- Private Courtyards,
This is a spacious, stunning fully renovated stone property.
The house for those who want to live or holiday in a real Cretan home in a real Cretan village
There are so many 'features' that we can't list them all.
If you want a fantastic renovation at a
This house has been lovingly restored by the current owners who have lived on Crete for more than 14 years. They have spent much of that time making this house a combination of an eclectic work of art, a homage to the original structure and a truly magnificent home. Parts of the house are more than 300 years old
A house (labyrinth) on split levelsâ€"each level reached by a few steps. Enter the house via a cosy annex and you have two choices:-
1) The guest bedroom. An extensive bedroom currently used as a music / hobby area .
This is a wondrous room with a stunning low arch leading to the original bakery/kitchen now a secret bedroom space with various stone featuresâ€"including the restored bread oven and chimney!
2) The main kitchen / dining area which is a fantastic space with a huge arch dominating the large kitchen with many units and an island plus the unique original wood beamed ceiling and a great separate dining space .
You can now either go a few steps 'up' or a few steps 'down'â€¦â€¦. If we go 'up', the wooden steps lead us in to the large and spacious living area with more great wooden floors and ceilings leading to a terrace with steps down to the courtyard.
Alternatively we can go 'down' a few steps to a hallway leading to a large bedroom with masses of storage space, wooden ceilings and more. Also off this hallway is a large bathroomâ€" with a full sized bath and separate shower plus a vanity basin. There is also a separate utility area and a doorway here leads to the rear courtyard.
This house has a great outside area, reflecting the ability that we enjoy of being able to effectively 'live outside' for many months of the year. There is a walled courtyard with a water feature leading through terraces, via an arch to a further courtyard with storage shed.
There are lots of mature plants, bougainvillea, large lemon trees and it would be easy to 'slip' a Jacuzzi if required in to this very private and lovely area. There is also a hammock and external seating (below) with shade for a number of peopleâ€"a very relaxing area in very private space. In addition, there are areas to dine externally and terraces for sunbathing.
* Fully fitted kitchenâ€"ceramic hob,
* Washing machine,
* The original well in the house has been retained as a brilliant feature
* Gas cooker,
* Solar panel and Immersion heater,
* Wood burning stove,
* Satellite dish,
* Easy walking distance to Tavernas, cafes and shops,
* Telephone Land Line and Internet,
* Private Courtyards,
* Air conditioning and Ceiling fans,
* Great garden/sitting areas with mature plants â€" including the biggest lemon tree you've ever seen
* Some great furniture - by separate negotiation
More information from this agent
- Chania (International), 19.8 miles
- Heraklion (International), 89.9 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.