4 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Madeira, Santa Cruz
like this property?Call 0843 315 0803
- Air conditioning
- Calm surrondings
- Air dust extractor
- Great sun exposure
Located in the parish of Santa Cruz, “airport land”.
It all started with a trunk. That’s right. Imagine that...
The civil parish, which today is the chief town of the municipality, started as a dry trunk, with two branches in the shape of a cross. The trunk was found in the laurel forest on the southern coast.
The settlement took place right at the beginning of the colonization of Madeira Island, between 1425 and 1440. The civil parish of Santa Cruz was established during the second quarter of the 15th century. As such, it is one of the oldest on the Island. Santa Cruz became a municipality with town jurisdiction at the time it was separated from Machico, on May 26, 1515.
The Church of Santa Cruz appears in Madeira Island travel guides amongst the churches not to be missed. The church, which dates back to 1533, still has its Manueline trace, and is the largest temple outside Funchal.
Being one of the regions where the settlements first took place, Santa Cruz still has traces of its noble origin.
In terms of economic activities, we would like to point out the service sector, being the main source of income.
Santa Cruz has developed a lot in the past few years. A lot of investment has been made in terms of public infrastructures, which have promoted the growth of the hotel industry and an increase in real estate undertakings.
When talking about Santa Cruz, one has to talk about Aeroporto Internacional da Madeira (Madeira’s International Airport). This is the entrance point for thousands and thousands of tourists that arrive here daily. The infrastructure was inaugurated in 1964, and today all sorts of planes can land there.
The climate is warm all year round, with very pleasant temperatures.
Santa Cruz has about 7.200 inhabitants and an area of 28.1 km2 (6944 acres).
The pearl of the Atlantic has one of the most perfect climates in the world. It is never too hot, averaging maximums of 24ºC during the summer months and minimums of 17ºC during the winter. This benevolent climate enhances every leisure pastime, be it golf, mountain walking, touring, hiking and making it an excellent retirement or second home destination. With quality of life, no crime, low living costs, natural beauty, the hospitality and kindness of the people, the Carnival Festival and spectacular fireworks show all make Madeira THE mecca island of the Atlantic, attracting many foreigners. A variety of languages are spoken such as English, German, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Finish etc.
STEPS ON PURCHASING PROPERTY IN MADEIRA
• Select the property.
• Select an independent qualified lawyer.
• Obtaining a fiscal number through a professional fiscal representation company.
• Down payment of a part of the agreed price in order to take the property off the market. This amount is normally non-refundable and made on the basis that a 'Promissory Contract' will be drawn up within the next 30 days.
• The lawyer will then collect all the house documents to check that everything is in order. If applying for a Portuguese mortgage it is advisable to obtain an offer from the bank before the Promissory Contract is made.
• The Promissory Contract is drawn up by the buyer's lawyer and signed by the seller and the buyer. If using a bank to finance the purchase, it is recommended that the contract be made for 90 days until the deed of purchase.
• Payment of the Property Transfer Tax paid by the lawyer on behalf of the buyer a few days before the final deed. Value varies according to the property price, its use (e.g. a permanent or second home),
• The Final Deed made in the presence of a competent entity to legalise the deed the seller, the buyer (both can be represented lawyer, with a power of attorney) and a bank representative (in case of financing with a mortgage).
• Registration of the deed at the National Land Registry Records (Conservatória do Registo Predial).
PINK REAL ESTATE
Pink Real Estate, Lda opened doors in September 2006. The head office and heart of the company is in Funchal, Madeira.
Shortly after in 2007, Pink Real Estate opened also in Machico. Our success is largely due to our driving ambition to able to provide a 7 star service to our clients and a win-win situation with our partners locally and internationally.
Our experience and knowledge in both residential and commercial property markets in Porto Santo and particularly Madeira is drawn from our management and staff´s wide span of experience in the real estate industry.
With 15 staff members ranging from prospectors, salespersons, management, IT, Administration, Lawyers and free lance prospectors our qualified staff ensure that we see our clients through the buying process step by step.
Pink Real Estate is situated in Rua Dr. Brito Câmara (in front of Edifício 2000, next to Dolce Vita Mall) . When you opt for our company, you are choosing professional excellence. If you would like to buy or sell a property, talk to us!