4 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Madeira, Calheta, Calheta
like this property?Call 0843 315 0803
- Ocean views
- Air conditioning
- Irrigation well
- Great sun exposure
- Large areas
Air conditioning in all rooms, central vacuum, solar panels, thermal insulation in walls and floors of the lower floor. Outdoor swimming pool. It also has gardens with its own irrigation.
A dream house in a very quiet place and with sun all day.
Located in the parish of Calheta, “the fertile land”.
The name Calheta originated from the narrow inlet that serves as its harbour. In fact, that is what Calheta actually means: narrow inlet. The name was given by the discoverers that first arrived there.
The parish of Calheta is characterised by being squeezed by high mountains, while at the same time embracing the sea.
A fine yellow Moroccan sand artificial beach built here is an ideal place for fun and relaxation for families with children. Lounging chairs and umbrellas may be rented right on the beach. There are many facilities surrounding Calheta beach such as a restaurant, changing rooms, showers and a marina (with many stores and restaurants).
Calheta was one of the first places being explored by the first colonizers, that went there straight after the island was discovered. Besides, it was one of the first locations in Madeira being subject to farming.
The establishment of the civil parish dates back to 1430. At first, its headquarters were located at the chapel of Estrela. However, in the 19th century, they changed to the church of Espírito Santo, in the town of Calheta.
Calheta was raised to the category of town by royal charter, issued in 1825. Amongst the historical and cultural heritage, one points out the vast and valuable heritage of a religious nature existent in this civil parish. Calheta is one of the civil parishes in Madeira with the largest number of chapels.
The main economic activities include agriculture, trade and industry. The transforming industry became very strong with the flourishing of sugar. There were times when there were eight sugar mills in Calheta, of which only one is still in operation today.
This is a very rich area in terms of pisciculture, characterized by a great variety of fish.
Calheta has a very mild climate all year round. During the winter there is a high level of rainfall.
This parish has an area of about 23,47 km2 (5.800 acres), and a little more than three thousand inhabitants.
The pearl of the Atlantic has one of the most perfect climates in the world. It is never too hot, averaging maximums of 24ºC during the summer months and minimums of 17ºC during the winter. This benevolent climate enhances every leisure pastime, be it golf, mountain walking, touring, hiking and making it an excellent retirement or second home destination. With quality of life, no crime, low living costs, natural beauty, the hospitality and kindness of the people, the Carnival Festival and spectacular fireworks show all make Madeira THE mecca island of the Atlantic, attracting many foreigners. A variety of languages are spoken such as English, German, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Finish etc.
STEPS ON PURCHASING PROPERTY IN MADEIRA
• Select the property.
• Select an independent qualified lawyer.
• Obtaining a fiscal number through a professional fiscal representation company.
• Down payment of a part of the agreed price in order to take the property off the market. This amount is normally non-refundable and made on the basis that a 'Promissory Contract' will be drawn up within the next 30 days.
• The lawyer will then collect all the house documents to check that everything is in order. If applying for a Portuguese mortgage it is advisable to obtain an offer from the bank before the Promissory Contract is made.
• The Promissory Contract is drawn up by the buyer's lawyer and signed by the seller and the buyer. If using a bank to finance the purchase, it is recommended that the contract be made for 90 days until the deed of purchase.
• Payment of the Property Transfer Tax paid by the lawyer on behalf of the buyer a few days before the final deed. Value varies according to the property price, its use (e.g. a permanent or second home),
• The Final Deed made in the presence of a competent entity to legalise the deed the seller, the buyer (both can be represented lawyer, with a power of attorney) and a bank representative (in case of financing with a mortgage).
• Registration of the deed at the National Land Registry Records (Conservatória do Registo Predial).
PINK REAL ESTATE
Pink Real Estate, Lda opened doors in September 2006. The head office and heart of the company is in Funchal, Madeira.
Shortly after in 2007, Pink Real Estate opened also in Machico. Our success is largely due to our driving ambition to able to provide a 7 star service to our clients and a win-win situation with our partners locally and internationally.
Our experience and knowledge in both residential and commercial property markets in Porto Santo and particularly Madeira is drawn from our management and staff´s wide span of experience in the real estate industry.
With 15 staff members ranging from prospectors, salespersons, management, IT, Administration, Lawyers and free lance prospectors our qualified staff ensure that we see our clients through the buying process step by step.
Pink Real Estate is situated in Rua Dr. Brito Câmara (in front of Edifício 2000, next to Dolce Vita Mall) . When you opt for our company, you are choosing professional excellence. If you would like to buy or sell a property, talk to us!