4 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Madeira, Santa Cruz
like this property?Call 0843 315 0803
- Mountain views
- Very calm surrondings
- "Inside nature"
- Large areas
- Big estate
The house is composed of: two porches, garage, living room with fireplace, kitchen, pantry, hallway, three bathrooms (one of them private), three bedrooms, interior staircase access to another living room in the attic, where there are two more bedrooms and a small terrace.
The house has water heating, as well as central heating via a hybrid system: solar panels and heat recovery of the living room, with autonomous and automatic selection.
Ideal house for those who prefer the tranquility and comfort in harmony with the green of nature.
Located in the parish of Santo António da Serra, “a parish on the mountain” and “the land of golf”.
Santo António da Serra is the only civil parish on Madeira Island that is divided into two: one belonging to the Santa Cruz municipality and the other to Machico.
It is located in a plateau, 700 metros above the average sea level, hanging over Machico and Santa Cruz.
The ex-libris of this civil parish is Santo da Serra Golf Course, a venue of important world competitions in this area. It also has beautiful old country-houses, some of which have been adapted for tourism.
Santo António da Serra also offers Quinta da Junta, an estate belonging to the Regional Government. The estate is open to the public, has some animals and a breathtaking view over the Machico valley and Porto Santo.
The parish owes its name to Queen D. Maria I, who was in a state of apprehension regarding the hunger problems in Porto Santo. So she ordered houses to be built in the Parish, which she distributed, free-of-charge, amongst those who wanted to leave Porto Santo. However, the people from Porto Santo did not stay long in their new homes, disturbed by the climacteric difference and also due to missing their homeland. They left Santo da Serra in 1783.
Due to the climate conditions and to the thick mesh of trees, the civil parish was not subject to any farming for a while after the island was discovered.
One or two small chapels were built there. One of them was transformed into the parish Church, which was restored in the 19th century and blessed in 1857.
Historians believe that the settlement only took place in the 16th century, since in the early days the settlement after the discovery was more active on the coast.
Regarding economic activities, the primary sector is not very developed. What is produced is essentially for the population's own use. In terms of the secondary sector, there is the hotel industry, with quality units, wood transformation, civil construction and blacksmith’s workshops. The tertiary sector includes traditional trade, which assures the needs of the residents.
Santo António da Serra has a mild climate, with pleasant temperatures all year round.
Truth be told, Santo António da Serra is a very pleasant place, with countless trees and beautiful villages and farms. On the Santa Cruz side, you can find high quality gourmet restaurants, as well as traditional hotel units and rural tourism accommodation.
The pearl of the Atlantic has one of the most perfect climates in the world. It is never too hot, averaging maximums of 24ºC during the summer months and minimums of 17ºC during the winter. This benevolent climate enhances every leisure pastime, be it golf, mountain walking, touring, hiking and making it an excellent retirement or second home destination. With quality of life, no crime, low living costs, natural beauty, the hospitality and kindness of the people, the Carnival Festival and spectacular fireworks show all make Madeira THE mecca island of the Atlantic, attracting many foreigners. A variety of languages are spoken such as English, German, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Finish etc.
STEPS ON PURCHASING PROPERTY IN MADEIRA
• Select the property.
• Select an independent qualified lawyer.
• Obtaining a fiscal number through a professional fiscal representation company.
• Down payment of a part of the agreed price in order to take the property off the market. This amount is normally non-refundable and made on the basis that a 'Promissory Contract' will be drawn up within the next 30 days.
• The lawyer will then collect all the house documents to check that everything is in order. If applying for a Portuguese mortgage it is advisable to obtain an offer from the bank before the Promissory Contract is made.
• The Promissory Contract is drawn up by the buyer's lawyer and signed by the seller and the buyer. If using a bank to finance the purchase, it is recommended that the contract be made for 90 days until the deed of purchase.
• Payment of the Property Transfer Tax paid by the lawyer on behalf of the buyer a few days before the final deed. Value varies according to the property price, its use (e.g. a permanent or second home),
• The Final Deed made in the presence of a competent entity to legalise the deed the seller, the buyer (both can be represented lawyer, with a power of attorney) and a bank representative (in case of financing with a mortgage).
• Registration of the deed at the National Land Registry Records (Conservatória do Registo Predial).
PINK REAL ESTATE
Pink Real Estate, Lda opened doors in September 2006. The head office and heart of the company is in Funchal, Madeira.
Shortly after in 2007, Pink Real Estate opened also in Machico. Our success is largely due to our driving ambition to able to provide a 7 star service to our clients and a win-win situation with our partners locally and internationally.
Our experience and knowledge in both residential and commercial property markets in Porto Santo and particularly Madeira is drawn from our management and staff´s wide span of experience in the real estate industry.
With 15 staff members ranging from prospectors, salespersons, management, IT, Administration, Lawyers and free lance prospectors our qualified staff ensure that we see our clients through the buying process step by step.
Pink Real Estate is situated in Rua Dr. Brito Câmara (in front of Edifício 2000, next to Dolce Vita Mall) . When you opt for our company, you are choosing professional excellence. If you would like to buy or sell a property, talk to us!