22 bedroom house for sale
France - Pézenas, Hérault
like this property?Call: 03339 395599
- Living space: 900 m<sup>2</sup>;
- Plot size: 3126 m<sup>2</sup>;
- Convertible space: 130 m<sup>2</sup>;
- Distance to shops: km
This exceptional property, built in the 1840s, was for a century and a half the heart of the principle wine-making estate in this part of the Herault region in the Languedoc Roussillon. This stately principal mansion faces a beautiful garden, surrounded by outbuildings, which were converted in the 1990s into a range of Gites and a large reception /seminar room.
Situated in a traditional wine-making village in the glorious Languedoc region of the south of France, this majestic property offers in total around 900m² of living space between the main house and the 4 self-contained Gites. There are another 130m² which could be converted. The main house has 15 bedrooms (7 of which are en-suite), two kitchens and their respective pantries, a laundry room, a large living room, a small sitting-room, an additional lounge area, a library and an office. The house has plenty of original features including fire-places, a wood-burning stove, two built-in braziers and chandeliers and of course high ceilings and lovely floors.
The beautiful, established and mature garden contains a chlorine-free swimming pool and offers many varieties of trees and Mediterranean shrubs and bushes. The house and its gardens create a self contained haven of peace and beauty, yet it rests in the heart of a thriving village with all local amenities available.
A unique property ready for development as a residential business!
Description of the buildings
The Maison de Maître offers 550m² of living space.
Ground floor main entrance: large prestigious entrance hall with monumental staircase, lounge with 2 fireplaces 55m², guest toilet with unusual original oven, library with fireplace, dining room with fireplace, kitchen with pantry. Outside staircase to access the garden.
1st floor: large landing, 2 large en-suite bedrooms with shower rooms, a suite with large bedroom, small bedroom and a bathroom, 2 smaller bedrooms sharing a bathroom
2nd floor: large landing, 2 large en-suite bedrooms with shower rooms, 5 further smaller bedrooms sharing 2 shower rooms
Garden entrance: kitchen, study, laundry room and pantry, storage rooms, small bedroom, large en-suite bedroom with shower room. All rooms have a door to the garden.
Outbuilding with the separate apartments and seminar/reception room
- Apartment 1 85m²: large open plan living/dining kitchen on the ground floor, two bedrooms; dressing room; bathroom on the first floor.
- Apartment 2 45m²: open plan living/dining/kitchen leading through an archway into a bedroom; shower-room (disabled friendly). All on ground floor.
- Apartment 3 90m²: huge living room, kitchen; two bedrooms (one with mezzanine sleeping area); shower-room. All on first floor.
- Reception/seminar room 135m² with toilets, and shower, on ground floor.
- Attic 135m² on first floor, convertible.
Small outbuilding attached to the mansion
- Apartment 4 40m²: (in need of considerable renovation) kitchen, living room, two bedrooms, shower-room.
Wine cave / barn 135m²
- With a big empty space and a smaller part with the original "cuves" vats for wine-making, used as a semi-alfresco eating area in the summer
Swimming pool with its terrace
The south east facing grounds are entirely walled and include a large gravelled courtyard for outdoor dining and enjoyment, a pool area with terrace and a large garden with beautiful mature trees, Mediterranean shrubs and bushes such as oleanders, pomegranates, lavender, mulberries, roses, orange trees, olive trees and much more.
The Mansion has preserved all original features in very good condition. The standard of comfort has been over the last 15 years gradually improved, never the less it would benefit from some updating. The roof has been refurbished and is still under the 10 year guarantee. Rooms are large and bright and easy to adapt to your needs. The Maison de Maître has oil fired central heating and many original fireplaces; wood burning stoves are in some apartments. The top floor has double glazed windows, the rest is single glazed.
This stately property has functioned for the last 15 years as a family home and provides a great business potential, i.e. for conferences, seminars offering B&B and Gîtes. Some of the contents of the property are available for purchase at a small additional cost.
- Méditerranée (International), 46.2 miles
- Nîmes (Garons) (International), 86.2 miles
- Perpignan (Rivesaltes) (International), 92.5 miles
- Carcassonne (International), 93.8 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.