7 bedroom house for sale
South Africa - Western Cape, Velddrif
like this property?Call: 03339 396223
Port Owen, Velddrif, is situated at the mouth of the Berg River approximately 1.5 hours’ drive from Cape Town. This area is a bird watchers paradise, with over 380 bird species. Fishing, Canoeing, Yachting, and all water sports, are a big feature of everyday life on the West Coast.
The flower season starting in late August through to September is a botanist and photographer’s dream, when the area up here is carpeted in glorious colours.
Where better to enjoy the fruits of the sea which are abundantly available at our superb Restaurants – all well known for their traditional cuisine served with characteristic flare which is West Coast Hospitality at its best.
Stretching over 400km the West Coast shows the visitor a land of extreme beauty and contrasts. Spectacular, sometimes desolate, it offers an amazing variety of destinations, all to be enjoyed. These range from small unspoilt fishing havens where peace and tranquillity reign to truly magnificent lively lagoons and rivers where water sports to match your fancy are available throughout the year.
The West Coast has many faces, moods like the weather... but somewhere every day the sun is shining. Somewhere on the West Coast - you will find something for the whole family.
Is situated in Port Owen Marina and was designed by well-known West Coast Architect, Heinrich Gerstner. The house was completed in 2003 and covers approx. 892m˛.
Magnificent 12m x7m Sitting Room with fireplace, Drawing Room also with lovely fireplace and fabulous Dining Room all rooms lead on to a 26m x 3m veranda overlooking the Marina.
· Fully fitted Designer Kitchen with additional laundry, wooden floors, granite working tops and cloakroom. This area has access to veranda overlooking the Marina.
· Entrance Hall with Natural Stone floors and arched Swarovski Crystal window. There is also a cloakroom.
· Penthouse Bedroom Suite: Large air-conditioned bedroom with full dressing room plus two full His and hers bathrooms featuring white marble surfaces.
· Separate Guest Suite with bathroom and sitting area.
· Study with full bathroom.
· Secretarial Open-plan Office suite (measuring ±54m˛) with cloakroom and kitchenette.
· A large outdoor entertainment area with thatched lapa and heated swimming pool.
· Marina Mooring directly in front of house.
· Separate double garage with full work room that can be converted into a third garage. This area also consists of outside toilet.
· Courtyard at entrance features a fully stocked Khoi Pond with palms and superb established garden.
· The property is fully enclosed with boundary walls and access can be gained through three electronic security entrances.
· Also features 3 Phase Electricity.
The property is currently utilized by the owners in a two-suite configuration but is capable of being altered to at least Seven-suite model. The house is situated on double erven on the Main Marina of Port Owen, measuring 1600m˛.
- Cape Town (International), 84.8 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.