5 bedroom equestrian facility for sale
Spain - Andalusia, Malaga, Valle de Abdalajís
like this property?Call: 03339 390745
- Large country cortijo
- 70,000m2 of land
- Totally private
- Natural surroundings
- Ideal for horses
- Successful letting income
A very good all-year-round dirt track of 2Kms leads to the entrance to the estate, with a 400m private driveway bringing you through the pretty olive groves to the house. There is a large gravel parking area, from where it is easy to access the house, hay barn, horse stables (room for two horses at present but could be extended), horse enclosures and menage area.
A beautiful central courtyard with a lovely pool and sunbathing terraces all around, has a shady pergola and a stone built barbeque which can be used all year round. The pool is 9.5 x 4.5m with a 2.5m depth at one end, making it suitable for diving.
The cortijo is divided at the moment into two houses. The first house, currently run as a successful holiday let business, is accessed from this area and consists of:
- double patio doors lead into a large living room (30m2) with fireplace, beamed sloping ceiling and large windows looking out to the countryside; to the left of the living room, a bedroom (8m2) with ensuite bathroom (5m2); at the far right hand end of the living room an arch leads into the fully fitted kitchen (10m2); from the kitchen, a very short passage to two further bedrooms (7m2 and 9m2) and a bathroom (4m2) with wet-room style shower.
The second house, joined by one wall and which COULD be incorporated to make one single house, currently has its own garden, with garden gate making it very private and separate from the first house, and includes a very pretty little tiled, round splash pool, such that should the new owner wish to continue to offer the first house as a holiday let, the main pool can continue to be for the exclusive use of the Summer guests. There is also a wonderful tiled dog kennel in its own enclosed area, lovingly referred to as "Barkingham Palace" by the current owners - it even has its own little terrace! The second house consists of:
- entrance into a very attractive, fully fitted rustic style kitchen (14.5m2), with a bedroom off to the left (12m2), a living room (22.5m2) beyond the kitchen with fireplace and double patio doors onto the central courtyard patio and pool area, and beyond the living room, a spacious and extremely comfortable and attractive bathroom (8m2) with large cupboard for storage of linen (4m2). Steps lead up to the second bedroom (14m2) with door to a lovely roof terrace (22m2) with wonderful country views all around.
Both houses are fully centrally heated with hot water radiators using solar panels to heat the water for both the domestic hot water and the central heating radiators, backed up by gas for when the sun goes down or for less sunny days. There is large hot water tank to ensure a constant and plentiful supply of hot water.
Both houses are bursting with character, with beams, thick, stone walls, little wall alcoves, rustic finished plastering, rustic floor tiling, fireplaces, pretty blue-painted 'rejas' (traditional Andalusian window bars) and wonderful views from every window! It is a light, sunny, happy place, one to be loved and treasured!
The land : for anyone seeking a large plot with productive and totally useable farmland, this is perfect! All 70,000m2 of it stretches out around the farmhouse, with some 850 productive olive trees and plenty of space for further planting. The countryside around the house is very varied, with a mixture of wild evergreens, mostly Holme Oaks from which the neighbour makes a wonderful honey, pines and many more varieties of trees, all of which attracts a vast array of wildlife.
This is the ideal property if you wish to work or live with horses. La Grajala has two horses, Blue and Sienna, available for purchase at the time of publication. Their paddock consists of a very large, flat area under the shade of around 10,000m2 of almond trees, with flexible electric fencing (easily moved from one place to another). There are mud floor stables for two horses (can be extended) and a large hay barn which holds 600 hay bales. There is also a large fenced manege, (30 x 15m), ideal for learner riders and training. The wonderful countryside invites you to explore on horseback or on foot - indeed, it is possible to ride out from the farm and not come across a tarmac road for an hour and a half!
The current owner earns an income from the rental of the first house and has an established clientelle. This business could be further developed, to encompass activity holidays, some out of season, (the Summer season is guaranteed!), such as riding, walking and trekking, painting and photography, wildlife watching, yoga, meditation, teaching, and so on. This would provide valueable extra income outside the peak season. And in the Winter, the olive harvest is there too, to booste the income!
This is not just a most wonderful property, it is a chance to create a whole new way of life, and all at a very reasonable price! Scroll down for photos, and click on the first to view each fully, clicking each time on the Next button.
Mains water and electricity connected. All paperwork in order. Furniture negotiable.
More information from this agent
- Málaga (International), 19.2 miles
- Gibraltar (North Front) (International), 65.1 miles
- Sevilla (San Pablo) (International), 75.4 miles
- Jerez (International), 77.5 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.