2 bedroom village house for sale
Bulgaria - Dobrich, General Toshevo
like this property?Call: 03339 391007
- 2 bedrooms
- plot of land - 1680 sq.m.
- well kept property
- fruit and vegetable garden
- indoor bathroom
- walking distance to center and bus stop
- regular buses
- 5 km to nearest market town
The property offers:
Total living area - 70 sq.m. , comprising of:
-2 bedrooms on the right;
-Sitting room with a kitchenette on the left;
-Hallway, leading to the second entrance of the house.
The plot size is 1680 sq.m. planted with variety of vegetables (tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, etc.) and many fruit trees (cherries, apples, walnuts, apricots, peaches). The region is popular with its fertile land, which makes it perfect for growing almost any kind of fruits and vegetables.
The property is serviced with water and electricity and septic tank. It is accessed over very good road and is within walking distance to the center of the village and the bus stop.
There are regular buses (every 1 hour) to the nearest towns - General Toshevo and Dobrich.
5 km to Gen. Toshevo (nearest market town)
20 km to Dobrich (main district center)
35 km to Balchik (sea coast)
General Toshevo is a town in northeastern Bulgaria, part of Dobrich Province. Located in the historic region of Southern Dobruja, it is the administrative centre of the homonymous municipality and was named after the noted Bulgarian General Stefan Toshev. As of December 2009, the town has a population of 7,130 inhabitants.
What is today General Toshevo was first mentioned in Ottoman tax registers as Kas?m in 1573; according to archaeological evidence, the area had been settled by Getae in antiquity, and then by the Ancient Romans. The surrounding region became part of the Bulgarian Empire after its establishment in 681 until it was conquered by the Ottomans in the late 14th century during the Bulgarian-Ottoman Wars. It remained under Ottoman rule until the Liberation of Bulgaria in 1878. Following the Second Balkan War, Bulgaria was forced to cede it to Romania along with all of Southern Dobruja.
The village was ceded back to Bulgaria according to the Treaty of Craiova of 1940. It acquired its present name in 1942, and was declared a town in 1960.
Nowadays, the General Toshevo is well serviced market town, offering a variety of shops, restaurants and cafes. It is situated 25 km north of Dobrich, 13 km to the border with Romania and 35 km to the sea coast (Balchik). It has good transport links to all major towns serviced by buses and trains.
There is a world-acknowledged Institute for Wheat and Sunflower established in 1951.
- Varna (International), 53.8 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.