3 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Madeira, Canico
like this property?Call 0843 315 0803
- Ocean views
- Air conditioning
- Irrigation well
- Privileged neighborhood
Located in the parish of Caniço, “the parish of the reserve”.
Caniço stands out for being a tourism destination by excellence, namely Caniço de Baixo. The number of available beds has increased so much that today this parish constitutes the second largest hotel offering on Madeira, just after the capital, Funchal.
Caniço owes its name to a plant, made of long thin canes called “Caniços”, which used to abundantly grow there at the time the island was discovered.
The civil parish of Caniço is located very close to Funchal. Washed by the sea, Caniço is one of the most beautiful parishes on Madeira Island. Known for its mild temperatures, Caniço is sought by many people both during the summer and the winter. Caniço is valued as a place of entertainment, as well as of relaxation.
The partial Natural Reserve of Garajau, Portugal’s only exclusive sea reserve, created in 1986, is located in Caniço. Due to the biologic diversity and extraordinary clearness of the water, it offers unique conditions for diving, enabling you to contact with a variety of fish and other harmless sea life.
Together with Funchal and Machico, Caniço constituted one of the first settlements on the Island. From this settlement, people soon started cultivating the land. Amongst the first settlers, there were several of noble origin.
From Caniço's main economic activities, one would point out onion plantation. In former times, Caniço was the parish where more onion was cultivated on Madeira Island, and there is a local festivity where the onion is the celebration theme. Besides the above mentioned hotel industry, there are also countless quality restaurants. Trade is also an important activity in Caniço, with its large shopping center – Caniço Shopping – as well as other medium sized supermarkets and all sorts of shops.
In terms of climate, during the winter the average temperature in Caniço is around 17 ºC (63 ºF) and in the summer, around 23 ºC (73 º F).
In terms of humidity, in the highest part of Caniço the levels are somewhat high.
The parish has about twenty three thousand inhabitants, distributed by its 12km2 (2.965 acres).
The pearl of the Atlantic has one of the most perfect climates in the world. It is never too hot, averaging maximums of 24ºC during the summer months and minimums of 17ºC during the winter. This benevolent climate enhances every leisure pastime, be it golf, mountain walking, touring, hiking and making it an excellent retirement or second home destination. With quality of life, no crime, low living costs, natural beauty, the hospitality and kindness of the people, the Carnival Festival and spectacular fireworks show all make Madeira THE mecca island of the Atlantic, attracting many foreigners. A variety of languages are spoken such as English, German, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Finish etc.
STEPS ON PURCHASING PROPERTY IN MADEIRA
• Select the property.
• Select an independent qualified lawyer.
• Obtaining a fiscal number through a professional fiscal representation company.
• Down payment of a part of the agreed price in order to take the property off the market. This amount is normally non-refundable and made on the basis that a 'Promissory Contract' will be drawn up within the next 30 days.
• The lawyer will then collect all the house documents to check that everything is in order. If applying for a Portuguese mortgage it is advisable to obtain an offer from the bank before the Promissory Contract is made.
• The Promissory Contract is drawn up by the buyer's lawyer and signed by the seller and the buyer. If using a bank to finance the purchase, it is recommended that the contract be made for 90 days until the deed of purchase.
• Payment of the Property Transfer Tax paid by the lawyer on behalf of the buyer a few days before the final deed. Value varies according to the property price, its use (e.g. a permanent or second home),
• The Final Deed made in the presence of a competent entity to legalise the deed the seller, the buyer (both can be represented lawyer, with a power of attorney) and a bank representative (in case of financing with a mortgage).
• Registration of the deed at the National Land Registry Records (Conservatória do Registo Predial).
PINK REAL ESTATE
Pink Real Estate, Lda opened doors in September 2006. The head office and heart of the company is in Funchal, Madeira.
Shortly after in 2007, Pink Real Estate opened also in Machico. Our success is largely due to our driving ambition to able to provide a 7 star service to our clients and a win-win situation with our partners locally and internationally.
Our experience and knowledge in both residential and commercial property markets in Porto Santo and particularly Madeira is drawn from our management and staff´s wide span of experience in the real estate industry.
With 15 staff members ranging from prospectors, salespersons, management, IT, Administration, Lawyers and free lance prospectors our qualified staff ensure that we see our clients through the buying process step by step.
Pink Real Estate is situated in Rua Dr. Brito Câmara (in front of Edifício 2000, next to Dolce Vita Mall) . When you opt for our company, you are choosing professional excellence. If you would like to buy or sell a property, talk to us!