4 bedroom smallholding for sale
Italy - Basilicata, Matera, Nova Siri
like this property?Call: 03339 395633
- 22 ha of land
- 54 acres of land
- 140 sqm house
- Barn Conversion
- Possibility for an infinity pool
- Possibility to develop the building with additional volume
- Living space: The main farmhouse is approached by a 200m tarmac private drive, and is on two floors:
Upstairs: is around 72 m2 of living space, in good condition, with tiled floors, consisting of a kitchen, bedroom, living room and bathroom. In addition there is 30 m2 of terrace overlooking the hills and sea.
Downstairs: is further 65m2 of living space which will need refurbishment; a large kitchen, with traditional wood oven, a bedroom, and a further large room, currently a store, but which could be converted to a lovely living room. This part of the house retains many traditional features that could be preserved.
- Outside: The house has a sizable garage, and there are a range animal stalls/chicken sheds/ pig pen and stores totalling a further 90 m2, all of which could be converted. There is a covered, open barn with room for parking a further four vehicles.
There are two further buildings: a two storey cottage adjacent to the house , traditionally used by the shepherd, consisting of two small rooms. On the driveway, around 100m from the house, is a 35 m2 garage and store. Both could be converted for use as accommodation to let.
The house sits within an estate of 22 ha (55acres), around half is fields of grain, currently managed by a local farmer, the rest is woodland and maquis on the sides of your own private valley. There are also 60 olive trees and a range of other fruit trees.
- Cat. C/2 (deposit) approx. 278 mq including the open barn
- Cat. A/3 ("abitazioni di tipo economico") approx. 64 mq
- Land: 209.051 mq "Seminativo" + "Uliveto" (grazing + olive grove)
Zona "E1 Verde Agricolo" (Norme Attuazione P.R.G. - Nova Siri Municipality Masterplan)
Area: 209.051 mq
- Indice Fondiario: 0.03 mc/mq (Residenziale) - Living space - Volume allowance: 6.271,53 mc
- Indice Fondiario: 0.07 mc/mq (Pertinenza Agricola) - Farming Buildings such as stables, etc. - Volume allowance: 14.633,57 mc
- Services: The house has mains electricity, and mains water would be connected from the supply in the road, about 200m from the house. A septic tank would be added as a part of the refurbishments. There will be an LPG heating system. The area has good mobile phone reception for telephone and 3G internet. Renewable energy sources such as solar panels can be available on request
The entire estate of the buildings and 22 ha of land is for sale. The owners would prefer to sell as one lot, but may be prepared to consider other proposals.
- Ownership Details/Contractual Obligations: The property is being sold by a private owner. The purchase will be by an initial deposit followed by staged payments during the progress of the works. L&G Properties Srls will build the house using local craftsmen and will issue the regular sureties when receiving each payment.
- The Area: Nova Siri has two parts - the old village (paese) is about 12km inland. A historic and picturesque hill top town, it has wonderful views across the coastline of the Bay of Taranto, two minimarkets, cafes, bars and a post office.
Nova Siri Scalo is the more modern part of the town, near the coast, with miles of beaches, restaurants, banks and a wide range of shops.
In the area are more historic hill top towns, a XII century castle, woods and hills ideal for walking. the Poliono National Park is a short drive away.
The regional centre of Matera - a UNESCO World Heritage Site - is less than an hour away. The airports of Bari and Brindisi are both less than two hours drive.
- Bari Palese (INTERNATIONAL), 69.5 miles
- Brindisi - Salento (INTERNATIONAL), 81.7 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.