1 bedroom cottage for sale
France - Agence de Quillan
like this property?Call: 03339 395567
- SH/Living space : 50 m²
- Chambres/Bedrooms : 1 / 2
- En pierre/Stone construction
- Location vacances/Holiday lettable
- Vues dégagées/Stunning views
- Proche transports/Near public transport
Couiza is a small market town situated midway between the larger towns of Limoux and Quillan at the confluence of the rivers Aude and the Salz, and is the Western Gateway to the Corbiere hills. The town has an impressive 4 towered stone Château -now an upmarket hotel and restaurant - which is one of several cafe restaurants/bars in the town catering for all tastes and pockets. As well is its twice-weekly market the town has a supermarket and filling station on its outskirts, as well as Post Office, hairdressers, a convenience store, 2 boulangeries and medical centre.
Montazels is about 10 minutes drive from the naturally heated thermal spa baths is at Rennes le Bains and around 30 minutes drive from Carcassonne (Canal de Midi; UNESCO heritage site; international airport). Carcassonne, Perpignan and Toulouse are all easily reachable by public transport. The nearest Pyrenean ski station is just 47 km/30 miles away and other sporting facilities (hill walking, white water rafting, canoeing etc) are right on the doorstep. Montazels also benefits from the microclimate of the upper Aude Valley, having the clear blue skies of the Mediterranean but being shielded from the debilitating Tramontane winds by the Corbière mountains.
The accommodation comprises:
• Open plan living room with kitchenette area.
• Utility room with wash hand basin under the stairs
• Landing area with covered and tiled wash hand basin.
• Shower room with plumbing provision for a wash hand basin or 2nd toilet.
• Second landing area suitable for installing a sofa bed or home office.
• Double bedroom.
• Separate WC.
• Floored and insulated attic area with front and rear windows suitable for conversion to further accommodation if required.
The property is structurally sound with a good, insulated roof, but has previously been let on a long-term basis and in consequence would benefit from redecoration throughout and the modernisation of kitchen and bathroom facilities. The ground and first floors were rewired in 2002. During the period of several months that the property has been empty and unheated there is evidence of damp penetration on one wall the ground floor from the adjacent unoccupied property. This could easily be treated competent builder or DIYer using standard "tanking" procedures.
This is a very nicely positioned property, eminently suitable as a compact, low maintenance holiday property for own use or rental purposes in this beautiful, sunny area of the South France. An absolute snip for somebody with competent DIY skills - don't miss out!
Please see www.aci-agence.com (ref: M1992 or C869) for further information, a location plan and satellite photos.
Exterior view/Vue exteriure
Bedroom 1/Chambre 1
Bathroom/Salle de Bain
Bathroom/Salle de Bain
Humidity Living room/Salon
More information from this agent
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
- Carcassonne (International), 29.9 miles
- Perpignan (Rivesaltes) (International), 54.3 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.