6 bedroom house for sale
Italy - Piedmont, Novara, Meina
like this property?Call: 03339 395250
- 3 bathroom(s)
Total Surface approx. 470 m
Number of Bedrooms 5
Total Number of Bathrooms 3
Year of construction 1884
Last Modernisation / Restoration 1995
Villa "La Quiete" is located in the small town of Meina, Lake Maggiore and enjoys a favourable sun exposure and lovely views. The villa dates back to 1885 and still today we find the original frescoes made by the artist Eleuterio Pagliano, former owner of the villa. The ground floor offers a spacious entrance hall, living room with open fireplace, dining room and kitchen. The first floor accommodates the villa's four bedrooms and two bathrooms. On the attic floor we find a further two bedrooms and a room which can be transformed into a guest bathroom. The villa offers a basement floor which opens out directly onto the garden and comprises a large "Taverna", laundry and heating room. The property is surrounded by a beautiful, well established garden of approximately 2.800 square metres at the border of which we find a stream. Within the grounds we also find a guest house in need of renovation a garage and original "Lavatoio". The property finds itself approx. 30 minutes from the International Airport of Milan Malpensa.
The Lake Maggiore area is particularly well-known thanks its mild and Mediterranean temperatures, with approx. 300 sunny days during the year that permits one to enjoy all seasons. Italy meets Switzerland on the north side of the lake, sharing its boundaries with the Canton Ticino region. The Swiss territory occupies only 20% of the lake, the other 80% lies in Italy. The Italian coast is divided into 2 regions: Piedmont, on the west side, and Lombardy on the east. The luscious vegetation offers from Chestnut trees to Palms and diverse Mediterranean plants such as Lemon and Fig trees. Well known personalities, such as Napoleon, Queen Victoria, Ernest Hemingway, have visited Lake Maggiore over the years appreciating the magical beauty that the lake has to offer. The west coast is particularly attractive, Majestic Villas full of charm, historical palaces and gardens famous for their beauty and artistic interest. The biggest city of Lake Maggiore is Verbania, once here a visit to the sublime "Villa Taranto" botanical garden has to be made.
Total Surface approx. 470 m
Plot Surface approx. 2,790 m
Energy Class / Energy Performance Indicator: G/361,8236 [kWh/ma]
Reduced from 1,300,000 for a quick sale
Asking price 990,000 EUR plus 3%+VAT marketing / finders fees
International Horizons have a well established team of British colleagues living and working exclusively on the Italian Lakes, who provide a professional, efficient and proactive approach to purchasing properties in Italy, including (if required), a comprehensive architectural and refurbishment service.
- Milano (Malpensa) (International), 22 miles
- Linate (Domestic), 69.1 miles
- Città di Torino (International), 95.2 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.