4 bedroom country house for sale
Italy - Tuscany, Pistoia, Quarrata
like this property?Call: 03339 396142
- Great view
- Typical Tuscan
- To be renovated
- Wooden beams
- Stone facing
Floors with original bricks, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, ROOF COMPLETELY REDONE.
Surrounding land with olive (500 trees) of approximately 7,000 sqm with small basement cellar of sqm 12.
Location: QUARRATA hilly and panoramic area, only 5 km from the city
- Quarrata 5, Vinci 16, Pistoia 15, Prato 17, Firenze 35, Lucca 50
- A11 9, Trains 12, Firenze Airport 30, Pisa Airport 80
- Hospital 15, Supermarket 2, Pub/Wine Bar 2.5, Theater 15, Golf 13, Drugstore 2, Gas Station 3, Villa Medici 3, Winery 3, Oil Mill 1.5
Quarrata is situated between Prato and Pistoia, on the slopes of Montalbano. In the Etrurian period Quarrata was not inhabited, because it was a marshland.
For this reason the Etruscans settled on the surrounding hills and they used the plain just as communication and transit way. The territory was drained by the Romans through the Centuriazione of the area.
Probably the name of Quarratacomes from the Latin adjective quadrata, because thanks to the method of the Centuriazione, the Romans divided the grounds in parts.
Since the Middle Age till 1959 the town was called Tizzana. In the XIII Century Florence and Pistoia contended for this territory till the 1306, when Florence defeated the enemy.
In 1959 the President of the Republic gave to the town the official name of Quarrata.
- Peretola (International), 18.8 miles
- Galileo (International), 49.7 miles
- Borgo Panigale (International), 81.8 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.