6 bedroom country house for sale
France - Midi-Pyrénées, Haute-Garonne, Caraman
like this property?Call: 03339 396636
- XVIIIth century fully renovated stately house
- Land of 12 700 sqm (3 acres) of garden, parkland and wood
- Large swimming pool of 12,5 m x 4.5 m
- 15 rooms, 420 sqm, a barn and a pigeonier
- Period features have been retained
- 28 km from Toulouse town centre and 45 minutes from international Airport
- Large family house or potential to become a chambre d’hôte
The enclosed grounds of about 3 acres (see map) is a romantic shrine for this lovely house. Half of it is made of woods (oaks and ash trees) covered in daffodils in spring. The park organised with boxwood alleys hosts century old trees of noble species such as umbrella pines, cypresses, cedar, chestnut, paulownia, oak…) fruit trees , a wealth of peonies and rose bushes and a kitchen garden. Two wells allow for the irrigation of this vast park. A barn of 46 sqm and a typical pigeonnier of 93 sqm could be converted into chambre d’hôte or gîte to offer an additional revenue. The 12.5x4.25m pool, nestled in the garden, is one of those rare big pools where one can swim and exercise at leisure or laze on its 146 sqm terrace.
It’s an absolutely charming and out of time place, a sort of world in itself, with unexpected nook and corner both in the house and in the park. The atmosphere of this property is absolutely timeless and if it was not for internet access, central heating, pool and all the other components of today’s comfort, it would be easy to feel back in time one or two centuries ago! This is a house with a soul, for people with a strong feeling for history, antique furniture, romantic strolls in the park. It could host a large family or a gîte business with the refurbishing of the typical Lauragais pigeonier or the barn.
The immediate surroundings
The village of Caraman is just 2 km away from the estate. It’s a big sized village with all amenities including a weekly colourful market with local farmers, several bakeries, butcher, flower shops, supermarket, a few restaurants, newsagent….Then schools from crèche and nursery school to secondary school allow to have your children from babies to teenagers (14) educated in a quiet and safe environment. As far as health is concerned, Caraman counts 2 pharmacies, several doctors, several nurses and several dentists and physiotherapists.
Pictures by Guillaume Lestrade (the nicest ones!)
- Toulouse (Blagnac) (International), 20.4 miles
- Carcassonne (International), 35 miles
- Perpignan (Rivesaltes) (International), 77.6 miles
- Lourdes (Tarbes) (International), 91.7 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.