4 bedroom property for sale
France - Agence de Limoux
like this property?Call: 03339 395567
- SH/Living space : 90 m²
- Chambres/Bedrooms : 4/5
- En pierre/Stone construction
- Jardin/Garden 680 m²
- 1 Garage 38 m² + 1 Garage 16m²
- Dépendances/Outbuildings 20m² au sol
Limoux itself is a small town of around 10,000 inhabitants, situated just 24 km (15 miles) from the historic, UNESCO listed city of Carcassonne, and from its international airport. Toulouse and its airport are just over one hour away by car. Limoux has a good selection of shops of all sorts, together with several supermarkets, recreational and public transport facilities. The town is famous for its annual, Venetian-style carnival (which runs from January through to April) and as the home of the world's first sparkling wine, blanquette de Limoux, which today rivals the quality of champagne at a fraction of the price. Limoux also benefits from the microclimate of the upper Aude Valley, having the clear blue skies of the Mediterranean but being shielded from the debilitating Tramontane winds by the Corbière hills.
The accommodation comprises:
• Large living room with double French windows giving direct access to the garden. Fireplace fitted with high efficiency wood-burning stove.
• Separate fitted breakfast kitchen.
• Utility room.
• Garage for converson to additional accommodation (study/bedroom etc) if required.
• 2 double bedrooms.
• Second living room/bedroom 3.
• Additional room/bedroom 4 currently used as upstairs kitchen.
• Separate WC.
Attic (accessed by external stone staircase) :
• Full width workshop/studio in 2 rooms
• Garden mainly laid to lawn with shrubs and trees.
• Detached stone outbuilding partially converted to gîte/guest accommodation.
• Large detached garage suitable for 2 vehicules or (with an enlarged garage door) a camping car..
• Additional parking in front of the garage.
This is a rare opportunity to purchase a well maintained traditional Corbières village house, in a haven of peace and tranquility yet within easy reach of Limoux and Carcassonne. It would make an ideal holiday home for anybody appreciating piece quiet beauty office area of the South of France. The property is immediately habitable but would benefit right benefit from an updating of kitchen and bathroom facilities to contemporary standards and some internal redecoration, depending on taste.
A great buy for somebody wishing to take advantage of the rural life in this beautiful, sunny area of the South France.
Please see www.aci-agence.com (ref L1196 or C427) for more details, a location plan and satellite photos.
Outbuldings/Dependances 25 m²
Living room 2/Salon2 17 m²
Bedroom 1/Chambre 1 12m²
Bedroom 2/Chambre 2 12m²
Kitchen/Cuisine 9 m²
Bathroom/Salle de Bain 4.7m²
Garage 38 m²
Garden/Jardin 680 m²
More information from this agent
- Carcassonne (International), 15.2 miles
- Perpignan (Rivesaltes) (International), 30.5 miles
- Toulouse (Blagnac) (International), 65.9 miles
- Méditerranée (International), 89.9 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.