4 bedroom property for sale
France - Agence de Limoux
like this property?Call: 03339 395567
- SH/Living space : 148 m²
- Chambres/Bedrooms : 4
- Chauffage central/Central heating
- Piscine/Swimming pool
- Très calme/Very peaceful
The vineyard is currently well maintained, but underexploited: the current owner has had studies undertaken showing the possibility of making a significantly important income by having the vineyard production turned directly into bio-wine bottled under the domain the label. Alternatively, a large part of the vineyard is designated constructible (with utilities adjacent) allowing the possibility of an upmarket holiday complex to be realised in this beautiful, sunny area of the South France.
Limoux itself is a small town of around 10,000 inhabitants, situated just 24 km (15 miles) from the historic, UNESCO listed city of Carcassonne, and from its international airport. Toulouse and its airport are just over one hour away by car. Limoux has a good selection of shops of all sorts, together with several supermarkets, recreational and public transport facilities. The town is famous for its annual, Venetian-style carnival (which runs from January through to April) and as the home of the world's first sparkling wine, blanquette de Limoux, which today rivals the quality of champagne at a fraction of the price. Limoux also benefits from the microclimate of the upper Aude Valley, having the clear blue skies of the Mediterranean but being shielded from the debilitating Tramontane winds by the Corbière mountains.
The accommodation comprises:
- Large living room with dining area
- Fully fitted breakfast kitchen with marble worktops and double sink.
- 4 double bedrooms, one with walk-in wardrobe
- Storage room with cupboards
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 WCs.
- Wine cellar.
- Integral garage.
- South-facing covered dining/sun terrace.
- In-ground, tiled swimming pool of 5 m x 10 m
- Large building of 250 m²/2700 ft.² designed for agricultural use, but easily converted to other purposes.
- Biologically cultivated vineyard.
The property is double glazing throughout, with underfloor heating and hot water by means of an energy-efficient geothermal heat pump. This is a beautiful, quality property with many income generating possibilities. If this is the sort of project you are looking for early inspection visit is strongly recommended.
Please see www.aci-agence.com (ref: L1197 or C435) for further details, a location plan and satellite photos.
More information from this agent
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
- Carcassonne (International), 18.9 miles
- Perpignan (Rivesaltes) (International), 63.1 miles
- Toulouse (Blagnac) (International), 92.3 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.