Property for sale
Australia - Mitchell Road , ST GEORGE 4487
like this property?Call: 0061 2 6721 0215
Highly productive backgrounding & breeding property. Buffel, water & ease of management are all standout features of this property.
AREA: Approximately 19,425 ha (48,000 ac) Freehold. Approximately 2,752 ha (6,800 ac) forest lease.
SITUATION: Approx. 30 minutes or 37km north west of St George on a bitumen road. 166km from Mitchell & 177km south west of the major cattle selling centre of Roma.
SERVICES: Power, phone and mobile service. TV reception. Mail. Airstrip. Medical facilities, CBD, transport, farming services, sporting facilities all located at St George.
RATES: $8,261.15 annually
COUNTRY: A highly pastured improved property with an excellent coverage of buffel over most of the country. Soils range from approximately 30% grey soil 70% soft red. Most of the country has been pulled and raked.
- Very well-watered property. Approx. 4km frontage to Maranoa River on the eastern side. A 6' sub Artesian bore with 4' casing equipped with a Pomona pump with a 9hp Lister diesel motor, capacity to pump 40,000 gallons per hour when required. The bore pumps into 42km of bore drains traversing the property & supplying water to 17 of the 19 earth tanks ranging in size from 3,000cu yard to 12,000cu yard.
- Bore No/2 at the opposite end of the property in 190' deep with 6' steel casing & equipped with electric submersible pump, powered from mains power grid, pumping to an earth tank located at the rear of the main residence. Water is picked up from this dam & pumped through 15km of poly pipe, ranging down from 3 1/2' to 2 1/2' servicing tank & troughs.
- A mobile pump station pumping from the bore location into 9km of 3 1/2' - 2 1/2' - 2' poly pipe & servicing tanks and troughs.
- Water at the main residence is from rain water tanks: 18,000gal at main residence, 20,000gal at the sheds, 5,000gal at the second home. There is also a domestic bore at the main residence.
FENCING: 50km of fencing would be 10 to 15 years old & 50km of fencing would have been done in the last 10 years.
PADDOCKS: Subdivided into 21 paddocks. Most paddocks lead into a laneway system for the ease of mustering. All in good stock-proof condition.
1 x shed 60' x 60' x 5m fully enclosed with power & roller door. Half the floor is concreted.
1 x shed 90' x 40' is enclosed on 2 sides.
STABLES: 1 X 60' X 20' stable complex with 4 stables, power, lights & day yards.
AIRCRAFT HANGER: 1 x 120' x 40' aircraft hanger.
- 1 X 10,000 Litres overhead diesel tank
- 1 x 3,000 Litres unleaded fuel tank
CATTLE YARDS: 2 sets of cattle yards, main set with 7 way draft, crush & race to handle 1,500 head.
CARRYING CAPACITY: The owner runs a successful breeding & backgrounding operation. It is thought that the property would run 2500 breeders.
IMPROVEMENTS: Large and modern two storey 4 bedroom homestead. The residence has 2 bathrooms, a large open living area, and screened verandahs in excellent condition. Downstairs comprises combine