6 bedroom property for sale
France - Agence de Quillan
like this property?Call: 03339 395567
- SH/Living space : 266m² ou 337m² avec studios RDC
- Chambres/Bedrooms : 6/9
- 3 appartements/3 apartments
- Local commercial/Retail unit 105 m²
The whole building is situated in one of the principal retail streets of Quillan, just 100 m from the town's main square, the Place de la Republic, with its cafes, restaurants/bars, markets and summer festivals. Its situation would make it ideal as a holiday apartment complex in this popular, sunny, year-round tourist area of the South France. Once renovated, peak season rental (including 2 ground floor studio apartments) should be in the order of €1800 per week, equivalent to around €30,000 per year, including year-round rental of the remaining shop premises.
Quillan itself is situated in a mountain amphitheatre in the foothills of the Pyrenees around 45 minutes' drive from Carcassonne (Canal de Midi; UNESCO heritage site; international airport), one hour from Perpignan (TGV station for London, Paris, Barcelona and Madrid; international airport) and 1hr:30mn from Toulouse (4th city of France; cultural and university centre; international airport). Carcassonne, Perpignan and Toulouse are all easily reachable by public transport from Quillan. The nearest Pyrenean ski station is just 35 km/22 miles away and other sporting facilities (hill walking, white water rafting, canoeing etc) are right on the doorstep. Quillan also benefits from the microclimate of the upper Aude Valley, having the clear blue skies of the Mediterranean but being shielded from the debilitating Tramontane winds by the Corbière mountains.
As with majority of French properties most internal walls are not structural, giving the possibility of other internal arrangements. The plans attached to this announcement are the owner's suggestion of a possible renovation layout. As designated in these plans the accommodation would be as follows:
- Entrance hall to the apartments with individual electricity meters.
- Small cellar.
- Retail unit of 105 m², with original decorative pine facade, central glazed door and 2 display windows. Rear storage/workshop area with WC/wash hand basin. Separate external entrance door. This unit could be made into 2 studio apartments together with a smaller retail unit.
- Apartment 1 (east) - to refresh:
- Entrance hall.
- Living room with period fireplace and corniced ceiling. 2 pairs of double doors opening onto a small balcony. Arch to….
- Small fitted kitchen.
- Double bedroom with balcony access.
- Bathroom with basin, shower unit and WC.
- Cloakroom/utility room.
- Apartment 2 (south west) - renovation started.
- Living room with period fireplace and provision for kitchenette.
- Large bedroom with corniced ceiling.
- Additional double bedroom.
- Bathroom with basin, shower and WC
- Apartment 3 (to be renovated):
- Large, light and airy living room.
- 3 double bedrooms.
- Bathroom with separate WC.
- Dining kitchen with direct terrace access.
- South facing roof terrace of approximately 50 m² with views to the foothills of the Pyrenees.
Whilst this is a structurally sound property It is however a relatively large renovation project that would suit someone with project management skills, a competent DIYer or somebody experienced in the building trade. As with most unrenovated French houses of this age, there is no under-tile waterproof membrane or roof insulation and there are some areas where damp has penetrated due to a general lack of maintenance. A revision of the roof would therefore probably be the first priority. However, apartment 1 could be immediately habitable after some basic cleaning and decorating work for use as a base whilst undertaking the renovation of the remainder. Similarly the ground floor retail premises could be used for stocking renovation materials while work was underway.
This said this represents a fantastic opportunity for somebody seeking to relocate to this popular tourist area and wishing to generate a significant level of annual, euro revenue. If this is the sort of project that interests you then we really do recommend an early inspection visit.
Please see www.aci-agence.com (ref: M2032 or C969) for further details, a location plan, and satellite photos.
Apt 1 : Living room/Salon
Apt 1 : Kitchen/Cuisine
Apt 1 : Bedroom 1/Chambre 1
Apt 1 : Bathroom/Salle de Bain
Apt 1 : View/vue
Apt 1 : Balcony/Balcon
Apt 2 : Living room/Salon
Apt 2 : Bedroom 1/Chambre 1
Apt 2 : Bedroom 2/Chambre 2
Apt 2 : Bathroom/Salle de Bain
Apt 3 : Terrace/Terasse
Apt 3 : Living room/Salon
Apt 3 : Dining room/Salle à manger
Apt 3 : Kitchen/Cuisine
Apt 3 : Bedroom 1/Chambre 1
Apt 3 : Bedroom 2/Chambre 2
Apt 3 : Bedroom 3/Chambre 3
Apt 3 : Bathroom/Salle de Bain area
Store room/Arrière magasin
More information from this agent
- Carcassonne (International), 24.4 miles
- Perpignan (Rivesaltes) (International), 34.6 miles
- Toulouse (Blagnac) (International), 66.3 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.