3 bedroom property for sale
France - Agence de Quillan
like this property?Call: 03339 395567
- SH/Living space : 108 m²
- Chambres/Bedrooms : 3
- Entièrement rénovée/Fully renovated
- C/C gaz de ville/Mains gas CH
- Vue rivière/River views
Quillan itself is situated in a mountain amphitheatre in the foothills of the Pyrenees around 45 minutes' drive from Carcassonne (Canal de Midi; UNESCO heritage site; international airport), one hour from Perpignan (TGV station for London, Paris, Barcelona and Madrid; international airport) and 1hr:30mn from Toulouse (4th city of France; cultural and university centre; international airport). Carcassonne, Perpignan and Toulouse are all easily reachable by public transport from Quillan. The nearest Pyrenean ski station is just 35 km/22 miles away and other sporting facilities (hill walking, white water rafting, canoeing etc) are right on the doorstep. Quillan also benefits from the microclimate of the upper Aude Valley, having the clear blue skies of the Mediterranean but being shielded from the debilitating Tramontane winds by the Corbière mountains.
The accommodation comprises :
Ground floor :
- Entrance hall
- Living room with wood burning stove.
- Dining room with block parquet flooring and French windows overlooking the river Aude.
- Fully fitted kitchen with integral dishwasher, ceramic hob, oven, cooker hood and hardwood worktops.
First floor :
- Master bedroom with exposed beams.
- Guest bedroom overlooking the river Aude.
- Bathroom with bath and shower fitting
- Loft storage space access.
Lower ground floor :
- Office/bedroom 3 with walk-in wardrobe provision.
- Utility room with gas central heating boiler.
- Shower room with basin & WC
- Internal hallway with power and plumbing for an 'American' fridge/freezer and outside terrace access.
- Covered dining terrace and sun terrace areas (both with evening lighting) overlooking the river Aude.
- Cellar for sports equipment, garden furniture, wine(?) etc storage.
The property is virtually 'as new', having been stripped back to the bare walls and re-roofed, rewired and re-plumbed from scratch, which reflects in the excellent energy and CO2 ratings. It has been completely redecorated and the kitchens and bathrooms are still unused. The property was scheduled to be a retirement home for the couple who originally commissioned the work, but a change in family circumstances has prevented them from benefit ting from their investment. It really now represents an ideal low maintenance, permanent or holiday home for own use or rental and at an exceptional price far below the renovation costs. If this is the sort of property you are looking for then look no further - but don't delay - this will sell very quickly.
See www.aci-agence.com (ref : M2053 or C1009) for more information, a location plan and satellite photos.
Living room/Salon 4.30m (14' 1') x 4.30m (14' 1')
Dining room/Salle à manger 4.21m (13' 10') x 2.65m (8' 8')
Bedroom 1/Chambre 1 4.34m (14' 3') x 4.24m (13' 11') max
Bedroom 2/Chambre 2 3.28m (10' 9') x 2.94m (9' 8')
Bathroom 1/Salle de Bain 1
Office-bedroom 3/Bureau-chambre 3
Bathroom 2/Salle de Bain 2
Facade côté rue
Front door/Porte d'entrée
More information from this agent
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
- Carcassonne (International), 24.4 miles
- Perpignan (Rivesaltes) (International), 34.6 miles
- Toulouse (Blagnac) (International), 66.3 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.