20 bedroom castle for sale
like this property?Call: 03339 396020
- 46000m2 of land
- 1150m2 of floor space
- Countryside view
This beautiful Chateau sits in an exceptional situation in the greater Pezenas area, built in the countryside, the property is only a short drive from a lovely town and the Mediterranean Sea is within easy reach. The Chateau offers bright spacious bedrooms, all en-suite, and a majestic lounge with a high ceiling, wooden panelling and original terrazzo floor. The Chateau has recently been entirely restored and can be moved into immediately. There are 5 rented apartments, a 280m2 fully equipped event/reception room and further larges stone outbuildings. The property already has a good business income that can be significantly improved.
This Chateau has an elegant atmosphere and is a prestigious residence!
Chateau: 440m2 of living area on 3 levels.
Ground floor 230m2:
After a few steps is an outside landing below the south tower, the main entrance door leads into an impressive fully original sitting room 68m2 with a beautiful ceiling at 4.7m, the original windows are 3.20m high; a door leads to an east facing terrace partly covered by the east tower.
From this lounge is a 14m2 corridor crossing the Chateau giving access to:
- The left a south facing room of 16m2, ceiling at 3.63m
- The right a study 16m2 with a marble fireplace
- The left a room a 20m2 with a second independent access
- Straight ahead is the lovely original staircase
- The right is the fully equipped kitchen 17m2. This kitchen is open in the corner to a lounge/dining room 48m2 with fireplace, this lounge leads also to the east facing terrace.
From the kitchen there is another corridor 5m2 to:
- A separate WC 1m
- A large bathroom with Jacuzzi-bath, shower and double sink 13m
- Laundry 14m2
First floor 150m:
- Landing 11m2 with original wooden floor leading to:
- Suite 35m2 with original high ceilings a la franaise, with lounge, bedroom and bathroom with bath, shower, 2 sinks and WC
- Suite 30m2 with original high ceilings a la franaise, with lounge, bedroom and bathroom with 1 sink and WC
- 6 steps leading to another lovely landing 16m2
- Tower en-suite bedroom 31m2 with 3 balconies overlooking the 'jardin a la francaise' with the bathroom in the tower, bath, 1 sink and WC
- Tower en-suite bedroom 28m2 with again the bathroom in the tower, bath, sink and WC
Second floor 60m2:
- Landing 2m2
- Tower en-suite bedroom 34m2 again with bathroom in the tower, Jacuzzi bath, sink and WC
- Tower en-suite bedroom 25m2 again with bathroom in the tower, bath, sink and WC
Swimming pool 11 x 6m, large terrace that needs to be tiled.
Beautiful greenhouse (serre/orangerie) in good condition 36m2 with an attached tower 12m2, all to be restored
The following buildings with the apartments are from an independent courtyard
Caretaker's house 120m2 over 2 levels:
This house is divided into 2 apartments, 1 has 2 bedrooms and the other has 3 bedrooms. This building is completely independent and both apartments benefit from a small outside space with a terrace and some plants.
3 identical apartments each 95m2, attached to each other:
Ground floor: open kitchen and dining/lounge area, study or bedroom
1st floor: 3 bedrooms and a shower room
Event building: Ground floor with ceiling 3.50m
- Reception room 280m2 with stage 45m2, heated by 4 professional hot air units, fully equipped
- Sanitary installation
- 7 WC's and 4 sinks, 27m2
- Room for a kitchen / caterer 92m2
- Storage 50m2
1st floor: empty space 280m2
- Barn 280m2 on the ground floor and 280m2 on the 1st floor, not used, completely empty
- Barn 125m2 only ground floor
The flat 4.6 hectares of grounds include the 'park a la Francaise', pool area and the outbuildings as well as 2 large farming fields with a long tree lined driveway. The buildings, park and pool area are entirely walled and private. The courtyard needs finishing as well as some outside spaces belonging to the apartments. A few other improvements will contribute to finish off this prestigious property. There is authorisation for free agriculture water.
The Chateau has recently been entirely restored to a very high standard and can be moved into immediately. Depending on your taste and needs, you might change some colours or make some minor changes. The electricity and plumbing is new, the roof in very good condition. The old original elements are in very good condition too. On the ground floor is electric heating and the bedrooms benefit from air conditioning.
The apartments are rented out, offering an average standard which could be easily increased. Each apartment has individual metres.
The fully equipped reception room is impressive and offers a very high standing. All the other outbuildings are structurally sound and have new roofs.
An eye catching Chateau entirely restored with all comfort, good business income with potential to develop, some finishing to be foreseen, a short drive from the very lively charming historical town.
- Méditerranée (International), 46.2 miles
- Nîmes (Garons) (International), 86.2 miles
- Perpignan (Rivesaltes) (International), 92.5 miles
- Carcassonne (International), 93.8 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.