3 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Funchal, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Stunning panoramic views over Funchal Bay and Ocean
- Situated opposite Palheiro Golf Clubhouse
- Perfect family or retirement villa, "As new!"
- Privileged access to Estate facilities - Hotel, Restaurants, Golf & Spa
- Landscaped terraced gardens below the house
- Underfloor heating throughout
- Fully fitted kitchen, laundry & pantry
- Complete privacy, secure Estate
- Excellent quality construction and finishings
- Space for construction of pool to south-west of villa
It is possible to construct a swimming pool to the south - west of the house.
This is the perfect property from which to enjoy the lifestyle of the Palheiro Estate, and the natural beauty of Madeira.
Gated access off estate road
Easy access to Funchal & airport
Special benefits available on the facilities of the Palheiro Estate - golf, spa, restaurants, hotel
Construction completed in 2005, villa "as new"
Elegant, traditional design with light and spacious interior
Extensive use of natural granite in exterior architecture
Separate double garage with large forecourt, prepared to house a "workshop" or other
Generous room sizes with coved up-lighting in living area and vaulted ceilings to bedrooms
Fitted kitchen and separate pantry and utility room with full range of equipment and silestone worktops
Formal living area with solid stone open fireplace
3 large bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
Marble floor and wall tiling to bathrooms
Semi-manual terracotta floor tiling to living areas, and bedrooms
Full double-glazed windows in lacquered aluminium, with external shutters
Under-floor heating throughout
Volumetric security system
Cable TV connection
Motorised front gate with video entrance system
Irrigation water tank
Extensive open terraces with panoramic views over Funchal Bay
Space for construction of pool to south-west of villa
Fully landscaped tiered garden with planting of indigenous varieties and selection of fruit trees in lower garden
Automatic irrigation to garden áreas
Villa partially furnished with antique furniture (value €125.000) which can be fully/partially sold on request
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do
• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (International), 13.7 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.