3 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Funchal, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- On-site property management and rental service
- High-quality construction to northern European standards
- Wonderful views over Funchal Bay and ocean
- Village owners have privileged discounts on Estate facilities
- Generous external terraces make most of wonderful climate
- Underfloor heating throughout, pre-installation for A/C
- Great potential in Holiday rental market
- Private carport for 2 cars
- Vaulted ceilings with featured uplighting in living room
The approach to this villa is from the lower level, with the entrance staircase leading up to the impressive front door, which opens onto a hallway accessing the three bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms, two of which also have their own private terraces.
The upper floor features a large open-plan lounge-dining-kitchen area with vaulted ceilings and coved up-lightning. A guest wc is neatly tucked away near the back door opening out onto a large pergoled terrace behind the villa, which will be partly a private and tranquil area to relax outdoors, and partly a sun-deck offering views down to the ocean.
The construction area is approximately 160 sq. m. plus extensive terraces and double car-port. There is also generous external storage accessible from the double carport.
Ownership of the villa confers privileged access to the facilities of the Palheiro Estate including the Village Forum heated outdoor pool; 18-hole Palheiro Golf course and Palheiro Spa.
Careful attention to detail and high construction standards are maintained throughout Palheiro Village. The specification of the villas includes stone floor and wall tiles to bathrooms, under-floor heating throughout, pre-installation for air-conditioning, fitted wardrobes, security system and cable TV.
To ensure their homes are properly looked after, Owners in Palheiro Village can take advantage of the services offered by Palheiro Property Management. Properties are regularly inspected, cleaned and maintained to a high standard. For those interested in the investment potential of their property, a rental service is available under the regime of "Local Lodging" or Alojamento Local.
Palheiro Village, a private condominium designed by Michael Brown Associates, is built in a traditional external style and lies 10 minutes from the centre of Funchal & 15 minutes from the international airport. It offers a civilized, secure and restful environment to enjoy your holiday home or permanent residence.
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (INTERNATIONAL), 8.5 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.