3 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Funchal, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- High-quality construction to northern European standards
- Wonderful views over ocean
- Village owners have privileged discounts on Estate facilities
- Underfloor heating throughout, pre-installation for A/C
- On-site property management and rental service
- Vaulted ceilings with featured uplighting
The access to this three bedroom villa is at the upper floor level, where the car-port and entrance porch are positioned. Double wooden front doors give access to the entrance hall which opens into the spacious and inviting living area, with its vaulted ceiling with coved uplighting, and dramatic sea views. Bedrooms 2 and 3 are also located at the upper floor level, together with the split-level dining area and lounge, kitchen, bathroom, and guest wc with cloakroom. The spacious lounge area has an open fireplace and patio doors leading to a south facing viewing terrace and outside dining area.
The lower level incorporates the spacious master bedroom, with fitted wardrobes and ensuite bathroom with separate shower and bath, the latter affording views to the ocean. There is an additional storage /laundry room accessed from the hall, and also from the garden terrace.
The villa is not furnished.
Ownership of the villa confers privileged access to the facilities of the Palheiro Estate including the Village Forum heated outdoor pool; 18-hole Palheiro Golf course and Palheiro Spa.
Careful attention to detail and high construction standards are maintained throughout Palheiro Village. The specification of the villas includes stone floor and wall tiles to bathrooms, under-floor heating throughout, pre-installation for air-conditioning, fitted wardrobes, open fireplace, security system and cable TV.
To ensure their homes are properly looked after, Owners in Palheiro Village can take advantage of the services offered by Palheiro Property Management. Properties are regularly inspected, cleaned and maintained to a high standard. For those interested in the investment potential of their property, a rental service is available under the regime of "Local Lodging" or Alojamento Local.
Palheiro Village, a private condominium designed by Michael Brown Associates, is built in a traditional external style and lies 10 minutes from the centre of Funchal & 15 minutes from the international airport. It offers a civilized, secure and restful environment to enjoy your holiday home or permanent residence.
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (International), 8.5 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.