6 bedroom property for sale
Investment Discounted Property - Portugal, Beja
like this property?Call: 03339 395948
Casa Horta do Porto Torrao
Ferriera do Alentejo, Portugal
Stunning Mansion Amid Olive Groves
• Approx 13.5 acres Estate with Luxury Villa and Paddock and with Olive Trees
a further 4 to 5 acres available if required
• The property will come with a tourism Pemission which enables the
garage to be converted into 4 bedrooms, with potential apartment above
13.5 Acres Adjacent Land Included
The entire 13.5 Acre estate can be developed but it is set in farming reserve so there
can be no development in the surrounds. Thus protecting your investment .
The 12 acres of land adjacent to
the 1.5 acre Luxury Villa Residence are included in the sale of the estate.
Currently productive land the 12 acres has uniquely permissible
development allowing real potential to develop this wonderful olive
The current owner has had interest from Boutique Retreat
developers and can discuss the potential with any purchaser for further
developing the land associated with the property if this is of interest
This impressive mansion is set in 1.5 acres of secure fenced grounds which includes a paddock, private swimming pool and gardens. Located in the village of Ferriera do Alentejo, with easy access locally to the bars and restaurants of the historical city of Beja and just 1 hour away from Lisbon Airport this property is quiet and peaceful yet well situated for international connections by road or air. The landscape of this region features gentle rolling hills, swathes of olive groves and
curvaceous rural vistas ideal for luxurious private lifestyle or hospitality retreat.
• To the rear is a new 12 metre by 7 metre workshop
• Ferriera do Alentejo, 25 kilometers from city of Beja
• Many Restaurants, Good shopping, Hospitals
• Natural beauty with nearby lakes, horse riding and Fishing
• Wine producing area near to Spanish border 60 kms
• 1 hour Lisbon airport, 1 hour 30 mins Faro, Agarve 1 hour
The property enjoys a favored spot catching the pleasant cooling breezes that pass through the valley in summer.
Over view of property:
• 700 sq metre Villa, 4 bedrooms all Ensuite
• Mezzanine floor with french doors overlooking Land with Olive trees
• Large Kitchen with island and dining area
• Large lounge with Study off, and TV room
• Large entrance Hall with Balconied Staircase
• Downstairs Toilet and wash room, also extra Small kitchen
• Villa, Set in approx half acre walled garden
• Guests 2 Bed cottage with stand alone workshop
• 4 car garage with toilet and washroom
• Outside Covered Alpendre eating hall and Antique Marble Kitchen and wash area
• Swimming pool, outside shower
• Kennels for approx 3- 4 DogsChandeliers - all Swarovski crystal. The master chandelier is 2.3mhigh and 1.5m wide.
All skirting is 8" off white marble gives a very cool feel to the interior spaces
Floor times are gorgeous and imported from India - to the same spec as an indian palace.
As a further cooling feature the property has a beautiful outside fountain.
Electric Gates give a sense of privacy for the guests in residence.
There are 4 spacious suites and a separate guest cottage offering the 5th and 6th en suite bedrooms. A private pool, gardens, a paddock, spacious interior and proximity to the airport make this property a ideal for a luxurious lifestyle, for a corporate escape, luxurious retirement retreat or vacation rental property. This could provide a stunning venue for a large family wedding for example with plenty of space for entertaining, dining, a ceremony, space for a marquee & parking etc.
Large Swimming Pool
There is a lovely kidney shaped swimming pool, 8m x 5m, and several elegant classical sculptures and water features which help foster an atmosphere of tranquility and relaxation. The house is set in 3000 sq meters of private gardens.
Ideal as an Equine Estate
There are 4000 sq meters of paddock located towards the rear of the property making this property an ideal location for those who with equine interests.
Room to Relax & Enjoy the Tranquility
There are approximately 7000 sq ft within the villa. The master bedroom offers a luxurious 550 sq ft of private roof terrace. The guest cottage in the garden offers an additional 700 sq ft of private space.
The Owners enjoy 3 Alfresco dining areas . The lovely Alpendre, provides 50 sq meters of covered and exterior dining space with antique marble work surfaces and sink. A further alpendre offers additional shade for a BBQ.
High Quality Finish Throughout
The house has been constructed by the owner and is completed to the highest standards featuring antique marble and local stone and recently fitted new kitchen. The bedrooms, bathrooms, halls and landings are all lit with Swarovski crystal chandeliers
Historic Medieval Classical Influences
The medieval city of Beja with Roman and Mediterranean influences is a short drive away from the property. Beja has a rich cultural history and is dominated by an impressive 13th century Moorish castle
Value for Money Property on Massive Scale
This property is ideally placed as a rural retreat being quiet, tranquil and secure away from frantic urban life, set in an ancient rural setting whilst offering all the modern comforts of a spacious contemporary property.
Garages & Workshops
There is a 4 bay garage and also a large 12m x 7m rear workshop store with large double doors. The excellent range of facilities make this property very practical indeed whilst also being luxurious and removed from city life.
Staff are diligent and a gardener is currently employed 1 or 2 days per week and cleaner 2 times per week when the property is vacant. Tax is very minimal just around 250 Euro per annum.
• The Company owners may consider a Part Exchange
- Lisbon (International), 73.1 miles
- Faro (International), 73.6 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.