7 bedroom villa for sale
Castiglione Del Lago, Umbria, Italy
like this property?Call: 00390759417554
- Various planning permissions
- 3 hectares of land
- Original frescoes
- Village outskirts
- Energy Class G - 238,38 kWh/m2
A unique opportunity to purchase a piece of Italian architectural history for restoration. The villa is laid out on 3 floors, with large rooms on all floors. Almost every room has its own unique, original floor tiles, lending the whole house a real sense of design history.
Entering the main door on the ground floor, one enters a large hallway, leading to a stunning elliptical stone staircase as a centrepiece to the building. The main living room is to the right, while to the left can be found a smaller reception room and the original kitchen at the back of the property.
The stone staircase takes you up to the first floor, which has a series of spacious, interconnecting rooms. The second floor is a very similar layout to the first floor, with plenty of space for further bedrooms.
There is also a terrace on the second floor with marvellous views over the 3 hectares of fenced grounds, including the horseshoe avenue of mature holm oak trees and the mature woodland at the back of the property.
There is already planning permission in place to restore the villa, with various internal changes designed to create a 6-7 bedroom home with spacious living areas, and external terraces while maintaining the historical essence of the building. In addition there are further permissions for substantial extras, which will serve to create a truly luxurious private residence. They are as follows:
- A detached 2-3 bedroom guest house over two floors for a total of approx 120sqm
- A large 15x8m swimming pool complex with a 120sqm porticoed pool house, set below the back of the villa
- An underground garage for 6 cars for a total space of approx 180sqm
- A 60sqm cellar below the villa, with internal access.
The villa is situated on the outskirts of the village of Pozzuolo, surrounded by rolling countryside on the borders between Umbria and Tuscany. The lively town of Castiglione del Lago is only 10 minutes away, with Cortona 30 minutes, Siena 40 minutes and Florence 80 minutes. Perugia airport is under an hour away, while easy acces by rail or motorway gets you to Rome in aorund 2 hours.
* Various planning permissions
* 3 hectares of land
* Original frescoes
* Village outskirts
* Energy Class G - 238,38 kWh/m2
More information from this agent
- Florence (International), 63.4 miles
- Peretola (International), 63.5 miles
- Galileo (International), 90.8 miles
- Leonardo da Vinci (International), 91.6 miles
- Marina di Campo (International), 94.3 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.