20 bedroom house for sale
France - PEZENAS, Narbonne Area, Languedoc,
like this property?Call: 03339 395831
- guest apartment
- open fireplace
Herault: between Montpellier and Beziers, situated 25 minutes from the sea, with easy access to the A9 and A75.
Former Medieval Commandry built for a commander of the order of the Knights Templar in the 12th century, and altered onto over the centuries up until the 18th century. This property has been lovingly preserved over the years.
A perfectly preserved example of period architecture. Accommodation of 1400 m2 on 4 levels plus a 17th century chapel and a 120 m2 sheep-fold.
The castle comprises currently of 11 apartments. It is relatively easy to re-establish the original twenty rooms, of which three lead out onto a large terrace, by taking down the separating walls.
With modern features including central heating and an alarm system. Roof, facades and electricity have all been updated.
Unique features -
- Machicolation - a floor opening between the supporting corbels of a battlement, through which stones or other material, such as boiling water or boiling cooking oil, could be dropped on attackers at the base of a defensive wall.
- Ramparts, Turret and an angled Tower,
- Mullion windows, French ceilings and monumental chimneys.
All protected on a stone walled, fully enclosed 3600 m2 plot with a vast terrace area. In a perfectly peaceful setting.
Contact us today to arrange a viewing.
- Méditerranée (International), 28.7 miles
- Nîmes (Garons) (International), 53.6 miles
- Perpignan (Rivesaltes) (International), 57.5 miles
- Carcassonne (International), 58.3 miles
- Provence (International), 89.3 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.