3 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Arco Da Calheta, Calheta, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Contemporary, spacious and functional layout
- Established gardens with colourful flowers all year round
- Perfect family or retirement villa, "As new!"
- Excellent track record in holiday rental market
- Irrigation water available
- Solar panels for domestic hot water and a heat pump for swimming pool heating
- Fully fitted kitchen & laundry
- Two parking spaces and two storage rooms in the garage
- All bedrooms & living areas benefit from the stunning views
- Tastefully furnished, & suitable for the holiday rental market
Just 30 minutes from Funchal, and 6 minutes from restaurants & cafés, this three bedroom villa was completed in 2008 to the owners' own design and specifications. The villa's layout guarantees that the position of the winter sun will keep the villa warm, with the sun shining in through the south facing windows... in the summer, the opposite is the case, with the sun positioned overhead, keeping the villa cooler in the shade.
The location of the 11 x 3 meter heated swimming pool, and the adjacent BBQ area allows you to make the most of the outside space and enjoy the 180º uninterrupted views of the ocean and village. A small bathroom, located next to the built-in barbecue, also serves the swimming pool and sun lounge. The pool has a solar cover, a heat pump and electric heater provide additional heating when required. Solar panels provide domestic hot water supported by an immersion heater.
The kitchen's location was also carefully studied to be closer to the outside dining area. Fully fitted, this spacious open-plan kitchen/dining area, as the living areas to the east, also benefit from the large sliding glass doors which provide natural light all day long. All external glass doors have electrical shutters for extra comfort despite also having traditional sun blinds installed for design purposes.
The open plan living area is equipped with a wood-burning stove, and the kitchen and bathrooms have comfortable under floor heating, despite the winters in Arco da Calheta being far from harsh.
The main wooden staircase up to the first floor and down to the garage, located in the main entrance hall, is wide and light. Living rooms and bedrooms all feature wooden floors, whilst bathrooms and kitchen have ceramic tiling.
In the upper level, the spacious master suite has a fitted wardrobe, ensuite bathroom and private balcony. The corridor leading to the bedrooms, offers the most stunning views to the mountains and to the private and well-maintained rear garden. The two further bedrooms have a shared bathroom and a south facing veranda.
The basement comprises a lengthy laundry, guest WC and garage for two cars. Next to these facilities, there are two further rooms for technical and storage purposes. Levada water is available for the garden's irrigation.
This villa is licenced for local lodging (AL - Alojamento Local) and can be sold fully furnished for rental purposes.
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (International), 34.4 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.