3 bedroom character property for sale
Italy - Lazio, Frosinone, Arpino
like this property?Call: 03339 390607
- Frescoed ceiling
- Antique wood coffered ceilings
- Antique hand-painted floor tiles
- Antique fireplaces and wooden doors
- Antique furnishings included in sales price
- Roof terrace with panoramic views
- Internal courtyard
- Cellars and garage with good road access
- Mains water and sewage
- Electricity, town gas and telephone
The property enjoys attractive views over the twisting medieval streets of Civita Falconara and, from its roof terrace, a panoramic view over Arpino across the valley to the mountains.
There is excellent road access to this property, which has the additional advantage of a garage, a rarity in this part of Arpino. Lock-up cellar space provides storage to round off the benefits of this unique property.
From the front door of the property, only a moment's walk brings you to the Piazza di Civita, the main square of the Civita Falconara district of Arpino, with the Palazzo Quadrini and a beautiful church, St Maria di Civita, dating from the 1300s and built on the ruins of a pagan temple. From there a further short walk downhill takes you past the large Palazzo Battiloro, the finely worked stone façade of the Palazzo Incagnoli, the decorative wrought iron balconies of the Palazzo d'Emila Morricone and the Palazzo Pesce, the late Baroque Palazzo Conti and thence to the Fontana dell'Aquila. Immediately beyond that is the Cossa Auditorium, the main shopping streets of Arpino and Arpino's own principal piazza.
Energy classification G
ARPINO AND THE CIOCIARIA
Arpino is one of the major medieval hilltop towns in the area of Italy called the Ciociaria, the name given to the fertile land that lies south of Rome but north of Naples, situated inland in the hills in the heart of Italy.
The Ciociaria region is within easy reach of both Rome and Naples and their respective airports. A day's shopping in Rome is a common pastime, while an even shorter drive brings you to the charming beaches south of Rome. Alternatively, drive east, and the mountains of the Abruzzo National Park await with horse trekking in the magnificent beech forests, and sparkling mountain lakes and rivers where you can swim in the heat of the summer. And at the other extreme of temperature, although Arpino itself is temperate, less than an hour's drive brings you to the winter ski slopes.
Often overlooked, both by tourists and by those foreigners in search of an Italian home, in favour of the more publicized regions of Tuscany and Umbria, the Ciociaria remains largely an unspoilt gem with beautiful scenery and medieval hilltop towns. A home or second home in the Ciociaria, in the hilltop towns of Arpino, Veroli, Alatri or in the rolling countryside that surrounds them, will afford you a setting where over two thousand years of history combine with an idyllic rural Italian lifestyle, where you can still discover the 'real' Italy and take time out from the busy crowds of the larger tourist cities, while being less than ninety minutes journey from central Rome or either of Rome's two airports.
VIA VECCHIA REALTY LTD.
Via Vecchia Realty works with local Italian agents to bring you the best properties our wonderful 'Ciociaria' has to offer. We are proud to offer a package of additional services to facilitate all aspects of the purchase and restoration of Italian property by overseas clients including:
* project management of restoration, redecoration and other building works
* provision of progress reports by email, telephone or Skype as to the status of building works, redecoration and restorations carried out by any builder or tradesman;
* housekeeping, property maintenance and cleaning services including stocking your home with your list of essential supplies prior to your arrival;
* regular inspection of unoccupied properties with written report
* the provision of certified translations of documents between English and Italian where required for legal purposes;
* introduction to a bi-lingual (English/Italian) Interpreter
* assistance in travel arrangements for property inspections including transfers from/to Rome and Naples airports, local hotel bookings, local car hire, restaurant recommendations and tours of points of interest in the area.
Fees for the above services are determined by our estimate of the work and time involved, following discussion with you as to your requirements. A written binding estimate will be provided for your formal approval in advance of commencement of the work.
- Ciampino (International), 52.9 miles
- Capodochino (International), 63.8 miles
- Leonardo da Vinci (International), 70.8 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.