5 bedroom village house for sale
Spain - Andalusia, Málaga, Sierra de Yeguas
like this property?Call: 03339 396602
- Close to shops and the village square
- Easy access to the coast and all the great Andalusian cities
- Character house with internal and external patios
- Original features like wall tiles and ceiling paintings
- Original shutters and window grills for complete security
- 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- All large rooms
- New wiring and plumbing
- Off-street parking for numerous cars
- Wonderful neighbours!
The village of Sierra de Yeguas has many facilities, including an attractive central plaza where the elderly walk under the trees, children play, and villagers spend evenings in the bars and cafes, looking on. The town hall, police station and church are all on this square, which is a three-minute walk from the house. Another square houses the market building, around which an additional weekly market draws the crowds. There are carpenters, ironmongers and a doctor's surgery in the village - everything one needs for daily life. The highlights of the year are the Easter celebrations, which last ten days; Asparagus Day, in April, when people flood into the village to celebrate the harvesting of the asparagus crop, and Feria, the village festival at the end of August.
Surrounded by fields of olive trees, asparagus, onions, potatoes and many other crops, this is the real Andalusia - a million miles (but only an hour's drive!) from the Costa del Sol and Malaga airport. Malaga, Seville and Cordoba are all within an hour and a half's drive, and Granada is not much further. The nearest motorway is ten minutes away. High-speed trains leave from Antequera Santa-Ana station, fifteen minutes away, to Madrid and Valencia as well as to Andalusian cities. Smaller trains leave from the nearest town, Campillos, to urban gems such as Ronda and Antequera, and the stunning gorge at El Chorro. The lakes beyond Campillos, surrounded by woods, provide wonderful, cool places for swimming, boating and bird-watching. And only a few miles from Sierra de Yeguas is the lagoon at Fuente de Piedra where - winter rain permitting - up to 28,000 flamingos come in early spring to breed; on many evenings between February and July they fly in formation over our patio to other feeding grounds, which is a spectacular sight.
The property is laid out as follows (and all room measurements are approximate):
Double front doors from calle Real open into a PORCH (3.25m x 2.40m), with a marble floor, ceramic wall tiles and a painted ceiling. Double doors then open into a HALL (7.50m x 2.30m and 2.40m x 1.90m), an open-plan DINING AREA (3.70m x 3.25m) and SITTING-ROOM (3.80m x 3.50m) with secondary glazed windows and wooden shutters; all these areas have marble floors and traditional wall tiles, and there is a painted ceiling above the main hall and dining area.
Sets of double doors lead from the hallway into:
- the KITCHEN (4.05m x 3.90m), which has a marble floor, ceramic tiles, granite work surfaces, a hob and oven, a sink, low-level cupboards, and a window with secondary glazing and wooden shutters;
- the OFFICE (which could be a dining-room or 6th bedroom) (4.45m x 4.35m), with a tiled floor, wall tiles, a marble sill, and a window with wooden shutters;
- BEDROOM 5 (which could be a second sitting-room) (6.80m x 3.40m), which has a marble floor and sill, and a window with wooden shutters;
- the INTERNAL PATIO, a completely private space for socialising and sunbathing.
Stairs from the hallway lead up to the LANDING (4.10m x 3.30m), from which sets of double doors lead into rooms with traditional floor tiles and wooden shutters:
- BEDROOM 1 (6.50m x 3.10m), which has two sets of French windows;
- BATHROOM 1 (3.90m x 2.90m), with marble wall panels, a wall heater, French windows, a shower, washbasin and toilet;
- BEDROOM 2 (6.40m x 3.40m), which has doors to a walk-in cupboard.
From Bedroom 2, a door leads to a PASSAGEWAY, with storage cupboards, and from the passage there is access to:
- a TERRACE, with a door off it to Bedroom 4 and steps down into the internal patio;
- BEDROOM 3 (4.80m x 3.50m), which has a terracotta floor;
- a double-height STORAGE ROOM (3.40m x 2.00m), with a built-in wooden ladder up into the roof space, where the water heater for Bathroom 1 can be found.
From the internal patio, there are doors to:
- BATHROOM 2 (4.10m x 2.90m), which has a tiled floor and marble wall panels and sill, a recessed cupboard, a bath, washbasin and toilet;
- WORKSHOP 1 (5.50m x 4.85m), which contains a separate store room with a door to the back patio;
- a PASSAGEWAY to the UTILITY ROOM (5.2m x 3m), with a washing machine, storage alcoves, a pump for an underground cold water tank and a hot water tank for Bathroom 2, and to the BACK PATIO. This large patio has areas of garden (with orange, lemon, mandarin, olive and kumquat trees, and a pond) and for parking; the underground water tank, and pedestrian and vehicular access to calle Nueva (which is parallel with calle Real). There is plenty of room for a pool.
From the back patio:
- huge old double doors lead to WORKSHOP 2 (3.25m x 2.65m), a double height room that also houses the water tank for Bathroom 3. From here, double doors lead into Workshop 1 (see above).
- a door leads to stairs up to BEDROOM 4 (7.25m x 3.90m), which has a marble floor and air conditioner, and includes a large sitting area, and – ensuite – BATHROOM 3 (2.75m x 1.45m), which has a marble floor, shower, toilet and sink unit.
This is one of the most desirable properties in the village, in the most desirable street. It has been a wonderful second home for years, we have made many friends, and we are selling with regret. There are about twenty to thirty other foreigners in the village (which has a population of 3,500) and its satellite hamlet, and almost all have made Sierra de Yeguas their permanent home.
- Málaga (International), 59.2 miles
- Sevilla (San Pablo) (International), 96.6 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.